Captured

Request by  @scrlttz (Sofia). Thanks for the great idea, I loved writing this! 

Word Count (including bold text): 2853

 The only part I hate about the daytime is not being able to see Carl as often as I would like. He's always busy either helping his dad, working in the garden, or killing walkers along the fence. Meanwhile I'm usually stuck in the prison doing laundry, taking care of Judith, or cooking. Sometimes I help with things outside, and sometimes I do go on runs, but mostly I help with the inside work. 

However, about a week ago Rick brought in a girl my age and her mom to the prison. Now that we have more people, I don't have to work everyday. Today is officially my first day off, which would be nice, but now the day will drag out even longer before I can see Carl. I look out the window and see Carl stabbing the walkers with a knife through the fence. He's so fucking hot. A little to the left I see someone else with him. At first I don't recognize who it is, but then I see it's the new girl. Ally? Alison? I don't remember. Before I even know what I'm doing I'm already out of the door of the prison, storming over to the fence. I stop midway and realize I was probably being stupid, Rick must have just needed help because he was doing something else. But why didn't he ask me? I've been here longer. It would also give me an excuse to hang out with my boyfriend. 

I was about to turn back around feeling embarrassed for myself until I saw Carl turn towards her and start laughing, her laughing back. She puts her hand on his shoulder. I can feel jealousy taking over my body, especially since she's much prettier than I am. I kept watching to see his reaction and make sure doesn't go any farther, and when she touched his cheek, that's when I lost it. 

I run towards the fence, but I don't want to make it obvious that I'm jealous and angry. When I reach Carl, out of breath, I plant my lips on mine as I cup his face. 

"Hey," I say, glancing at the girl who looks kind of hurt. 

"Hey, Sofia, what's up?" he asks. 

"Just checking in on you. I have the day off and I can't wait until you're done. When are you done?" I ask. 

"In about," he checks his watch, "a half hour." 

"Good, I have to talk to you. Love you," I say and kiss him on the cheek. 

"Love you too, Sofia," he says looking confused and worried. 

I strut back to the prison and lay down on my bed, thinking about what just happened. I'm pretty sure that girl was flirting with Carl and is starting to take too much of a liking towards him. Before I know it Carl walks in and I sit up. He sits down on the bed next to me and places his hand on my thigh. 

"So what did you need to talk to me about?" he asks. 

"The new girl, Ally," I say sternly.

"Abby?"

"Oh wow, that's all you have to say about this? Correcting me on her damn name?"

He moves his hand away from my thigh. "What are you going on about Sofia?"

"What do you think, Carl? I saw you two flirting up a storm over by the fence. Why was she even with you anyway? I'm always stuck inside and she's been here for a week and is already taking on more responsibility. Did Rick tell her or something?"

"Oh, um, actually I asked her to help me. My dad was busy doing something else and told me to get someone to help so I-"

"So you didn't ask me? Your fucking girlfriend? You'd rather hang out with Abby," I put extra emphasis on her name, "and not me? I see how it is Carl."