78

Note: 용수(YongSu)

-

Y/N's POV
A day has passed since Jin cried in my arms. I was sitting in my office thinking of very important things when a knock resounded.

What should I eat later?
Shall I ask 용수 to cook for me?
Wait, does that make him my maid?
But he is male though, maid is for females, right?
Is there even a difference?
Why am I even thinking of this?
Now...what anime shall I watch?
Demon Slayer seems nic-

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Come in" I spoke casually dismissing all my previous thoughts and moving on to my "business" mode.

As the door opened, it came to reveal a still very disorientated but better looking Jin(As in his complexion seems better... wait that still doesn't sound right. Haiz you know what I mean).

Without speaking, he shut the door and made himself comfortable onto the chair in front of my table, directly opposite me.

"What are you looking for me for?" I asked cautiously, not wanting to startle or pressure him any further, especially after yesterday.

Jin looked visibly stressed as he blew a deep breath out. "Y/N can you please tell me everything?"

I looked at him quizzically. "Don't you already know?"

Jin flinched once again before calming himself down to speak, "I know bits and pieces, but I'd like to finally know the whole, full story from all perspectives."

My eyes softened before I nodded at him beginning to speak of his past.
"So shall I start with Jungkook, alright?"

Jin nodded, closing his eyes for a moment to brace himself for the full truth.

"So Jungkook and Namjoon's parents were close friends in the past. And Jungkook's parents were actually arrested and jailed for causing your parents' death", I began.

Jin visibly flinched as he took in a sharp intake of air. But still, he kept silent waiting for me to go on.

"However, Jungkook's parents were actually innocent. That day, Jungkook's parents weren't the ones on the wheel. Namjoon's mother was the one driving."

Jin's eyes widened as his mind spun.

"So the death of your parents was actually caused by Namjoon's parents. Jungkook's parents were innocent. However, Namjoon's mother didn't want to go to prison and therefore she took a more precarious measure. She killed off Jungkook's parents, under the ruse that Jungkook's parents committed suicide" I spoke slowly.

Jin let out an audible gasp.
"H-how can th—th..."

I smiled sadly at Jin, "And this accident destroyed the lives of three very young children. You became parentless, left to a vile woman whom you call your aunt. Jungkook was too, left parentless, and with no relatives willing to take him, he became an orphan. Namjoon was left without a face. You could too say he lost his parents in the process too, feeling incredibly ashamed to the point where he left his home."

Jin bit his lip, "How could this have happened...?"

Jin's breath was shaky.
One incident successfully managed to completely eliminate the happiness of three innocent people.
Jin wanted to scream, to turn back time, to maybe go back and somehow prevent that car crash from happening.
But Jin himself knew, he couldn't do anything to change the past, and because of that, he feels very, very confused.
What should he do?
What is considered the right action?