75

Jungkook's POV
I waltz up to Y/N's office door giving it three solid knocks.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I wasn't scared or nervous. Not at all.
Why?
Because at this very moment nothing makes me more tense up than going to confront Namjoon hyung. Therefore I settled with this.

However as the clicking sound of heels was heard getting closer from the other side of the door, an uncontrollable instinctive shiver went down my spine. For some weird reason, I felt like I might regret this trip, and that I was about to uncover something really, really detrimental.

.

.

The door clicked open as Y/N without her mask on, smiled gently at me gesturing for me to enter.
"Please do come in, Jungkook."

I nodded and entered the room with calm and unhurried steps.

"Do sit, Jungkook. Would you like coffee, tea, or me-?"

A moment of silence followed.

Y/N coughed as I choked slightly after at her words.

Y/N paused as she waved her hand frantically in the air, "I'm so sorry! It's a habit!"

Blinking, I shook my head as if saying a 'don't mind, don't mind' to her.

"Um, so coffee, tea, or water?", She repeated noticeably slower to ensure that she doesn't speak of the question wrongly again.

I wasn't really thirsty at all but it would be rude to reject her kind offer wouldn't it?
"Just water will be fine."

Y/N nodded before pouring me a glass of water. She gently yet swiftly placed it right in front of me and on the table. Both of us sat down facing each other.
Y/N interlocked both of her fingers together with her elbows pressed against her office table as she looked at me almost domineeringly as she asked, "So why are you looking for me? What have you come here for?"

She seemed to be in some sort of a business mode as she spoke. Each word and syllable coming out clear and confidently, without a single stutter.
Can't be said the same about myself though...

I know that mere moments ago I was flexing that I was feeling certain and not nervous at all, but the reality is always more different than your own imagination. However, now that I'm sitting here right in front of not just Y/N, but also the revered Ethereal from SSFIRE. It's a whole lot more overwhelming.

Taking in a deep breath, I immediately shot out all my questions in a nervous rave.
"What's my past like? Is there any chance my parents are alive? Did they really commit suicide? What crime were they accused of committing and who died? Also, what do I not know, according to Namjoon hyung and you?"

Y/N looked at me with her eyebrow raised, looking very slightly taken aback by my number of questions and probably of how quickly I spoke. I was like a machine gun, just spewing out everything I wanted to know like crazy.

All was quiet for a while. A few minutes have passed and still, Y/N was silent. I had thought that she didn't manage to catch my questions and is confused, thus not responding, but apparently, I was wrong, she was just thinking very deeply.

Y/N let out a sigh.
"Jungkook, I can't possibly answer that much at once. I'll break it down into small parts. Starting from your parents alright?"

"Okay" I answered back, easily agreeing to her terms.

"Alright. So I'm sure that you're aware that Namjoon's parents and your parents were close right?"

I nodded my head in affirmation. Of course I did, otherwise how would I still be so attached to Namjoon hyung till now? Plus, I've spent a lot of time and effort to track and trace Namjoon hyung down before leaving that stupid orphanage.