73

Note: 용수(YongSu)

-

Jungkook's POV
"It's alright, I'll send Taehyung to go instead", Namjoon hyung answered upon me volunteering to go for a mission that was established by Y/N.

I've noticed that for some reason, as Namjoon hyung spoke, his eyes never met mine, and this wasn't the first time. It is now so frequent that I can almost guarantee that he is shunning me purposely. He has been constantly avoiding to look into my eyes no matter what. Not only that, but our interactions too have decreased drastically over the past few days.

In the morning as we pass by each other Namjoon hyung didn't even bother to greet me his usual 'Good Morning', and neither did he talk to me at all, unless it was initiated by me. And even then, he would simply only reply with one or two words, as if trying to cut the conversation short with absolutely no intention of continuing the talk.

What puzzles me the most is the fact that sometimes I catch him looking at me with such a rueful and pained look that paints on his delicate face. It is extremely unsettling and weird, especially to me.

All this avoidance had made me uneasy, giving me a lot more time to ponder, to stay and explore my own mind, which isn't a good thing. We've known each other for a long time, since we were just kids.
Why the sudden cold aura?
Did I do something wrong?
Was I being too much of a nuisance to him?
Am I too undeserving of his attention anymore?

Though drowning in my own thoughts and insecurities, the small, still rational part of me knew something was up. As my mind spun furiously, I could only hypothesize that the reason of why Namjoon hyung was avoiding me and looking at me with such guilt has to be connected her.
It must have been something that involves what Namjoon hyung had discussed with Y/N the other day. It has to be! It has to be related to that something that 'I didn't know'.
But what is it?
What words can be so revolutionary, so shocking that it could alter Namjoon hyung's whole attitude?

I needed answers and fast. I really didn't want to take up Y/N's offer, or even to go talk to Y/N since I'm not keen to die of embarrassment. But it seems like I might have no choice right now. I am really desperate to know the reason behind Namjoon hyung's abnormal behaviour. And the only way to do it, is to ask her.

I walked towards her office door, and as I stopped in front of said door, I took in a deep breath as I rose my hands, that was clenched in a shape of a rock in front of the door.

-

Third Person's POV
An irritated 용수 was seen stomping down the hallway as he, with hurried steps, stride towards his room. His face was scrunched up showcasing his obvious annoyance as his phone was blaring out his Haikyuu theme song ringtone.
The shrill loud ringing of 용수's phone could be heard echoing off the walls as 용수 finally reached his own room. Stumbling into it and shutting the door close, he glanced at the caller ID shown on his screen.

'Chanyeol'

The phone constantly rang, as for quite some time all he did was to stare at his phone as it "screamed", watching as the caller's name appear and disappear repetitively.

Only after the fifth call did 용수, with much vexation and reluctance, pick up the phone.

"What do you want?", 용수 literally spat out.

"My, my 용수 why sounding so angry? No hello, how are you? Did a dog take a piss in your shoe again?"

"Shut the fuck up", 용수 glared at the phone.