Predator And Prey

Nobodies heard from Oscar making everyone panic. I was still stress eating like crazy at Ruby's house.

"Maybe he's hiding out. Laying low." Monse said as Cesar paced around. "For three days?" Cesar and I asked at the same time while I had my mouth stuffed. "This is bad. He would've called me or taken my calls." Cesar looked at her.

I kept my head down so I wouldn't get yelled at either. Ruby and Jamal came in. "Well?"

"Spooky's car hasn't moved from the driveway."

"Did you guys look in the crib?" I asked. "Yeah. Through the front window nothing." "And the side. Nothing."

"What about the back?" Cesar interrogated. "You didn't tell us to look in the back." Jamal answered. I just sighed and put in headphones because honestly, Cesar was giving me a headache.

He along with these constant over thoughts weren't a great match for me. I ran out of snacks and when I looked up I saw Cesar in Ruby's face. I should've stopped it but instead, I just walked past everyone and went outside for fresh air.

Even the air was stiff. I couldn't find any peaceful place for three seconds. I walked to the nearest corner shop and bought more snacks using all of my backup money. My phone was getting spam called by both Monse and Jamal to which I just ignored until it got annoying.

I answered the next time Monse called. "Mmmhm?" I hummed. "Cesar left. He's mad at Jamal and Ruby and he just up and left." Monse chatted over the phone. "And where is he now?"

"We don't know that's why we called you! I'm worried he might go cause something! You now know how your brother is!" She shouted. "So, y'all want me to find him or something? Not to be an ass but I'm in the middle of something and I don't know where he'd-" I saw Cesar across the street yelling at a bunch of Santos.

"Nevermind. I found him. You guys just head home and I'll send him to you." I hung up and walked over.

"Hey Baby Spooky!" A bunch of the Santos men and women shouted out as they were walking away. I put on a smile and waved as I continued to go to Cesar. I walked up to Cesar and grabbed him by his shirt.

"You got people worried out here for you and you over here making enemies? One of these motherfuckers could've popped you. Whether we're blood or no blood. Gang or no gang. They do not fuck with us. Especially you. Get that through your head before you end up on the fucking news." I scolded and let his shirt go. "Head to Monse's house and text me when you are there and safe."

Cesar just walked off not saying a thing. I called Monse and continued to walk the way of the house. "Mons, let me know when Cesar gets there cause he's on his way." I instructed.

"Oh- Alright. You okay tho? You sound-"

"I'm cool. I'm cool." I reassured and hung up. I got to the crib and went inside to look for any clues of anything being broken, or anything checking the whole house. I got a text from Ruby telling me to go to his house and to hurry so I did.

Continuing to walk and munch on snacks, I saw Jamal heading there too. "Y/n! Are you okay?" Jamal shouted as he ran over to me. I nodded. "I just want to get today over with."

We went into the house and to Ruby's room. "Cuchillos texted us." Ruby stated. I walked in and Jamal came in behind me. "That means she still alive and Spooky is-"

"How do we even know it came from her? Anyone can text on any phone." Monse said. "How are my five little sleuths? Tick tock. I mean who else would say that?" Ruby rhetorically asked. "Damn." I sighed.

"I'm so sorry, compa. You too." Ruby told me and Cesar. "You were right. We're all just sitting ducks. So we gotta pack some shit and hide." Cesar stated. "Hide?"

"Yeah, like how you have your in case of emergency bags and things." I replied. "Well, where?" Jamal inquired. "Anywhere she won't find you. And we should split up. We can't make it easy for her to get us." Ruby's phone chimed. "It's Jasmine."

"Figure out where you're gonna go and go." Cesar ordered. "I uh I have some family in Long Beach."

"I can stay at my old babysitter's house. She lives in San Diego now."

"I know a bunker in Pasadena." Everyone looked at Jamal. "What?"

"That would have helped Cesar months ago." Ruby told him.  "I just got off the waitlist."

"Where will you two be?" Monse asked us. "Sunshine Motel." Cesar answered. "What are we gonna say to our parents?" Ruby asked.

I totally forgot about that. They had parents. Who'd likely move them if they found out what happened or what's going on and blame me, Cesar, and our brother.

"Tell them as little as possible. We're gonna deal with this before it gets to them." Cesar responded. "What do you mean we're gonna deal with this?"

"She gotta go and we're taking her out.. Well not me but-" I said plainly. "But- That's not who we are." Ruby stammered. "You're right. That's not who you are. Which is why I'm gonna do it." Cesar said causing me to look at him then look down.

I hugged all of them before I left. "Listen, we've been close to doing this before and it's either kill or be killed right now and while I don't want to hurt anyone I sure as hell I don't want to get hurt or have any of you get hurt. So, I love y'all, and let's promise each other we won't die, alright?" I spoke softly. They all hesitantly nodded.

"Kay." I gave a thumbs up and walked out.

| TIME SKIP |

I was sitting on the bed of the motel room and listening to music to put my nerves at ease. There was something about seeing guns that made me nauseous now. Something bad always comes with having a gun either insight or in hand.

I looked up to see Ruby, Monse, and Jamal walk in.

"Cuchillos picked us cause we found the RollerWorld money, took down the Prophet$, and we're smart." I heard Monse say. "And we have a plan to take her out." Ruby stated. I took out my earbuds and looked at them.

"A plan?"