Be Safe

Once Cuchillos and I got to her house Cuchillos sat me down in the living room.

"I like you. You're smart. I think you could be a great asset to the Santos. Now, I do not condone what happened and how you ended up officially in the gang, and trust me, I wouldn't want any sweet girl like you go through that. But, a lady's gotta do what a lady's gotta do to get what she needs, and wants. And I wanted you in the Santos. You're one of the only educated ones. All the others are just..." Cuchillos stopped and sat back in her seat.

"Me and you have something in common and those other girls aren't like you and me," Cuchillos stated.  "What do you mean? What do we have in common?" I questioned.

"We both have people we care about. Deeply. All in the Santos. For me, it's Lil Ricky. For you... well, it's quite obvious no matter what you care for your brothers." Cuchillos told me. "I'm sure the other girls have people that they care-"

"The other girls aren't as intelligent as you and I." Cuchillos crossed her legs and sipped some of her water. "You honestly think those ladies are in here to benefit me or the Santos as a whole? Other than to be on the guy's hips 24/7?" Cuchillos asked me.

"Maybe." I responded. "You're wrong. If they were then someone would've pimped up the courage to speak with me a long time ago."

"I have one last question," I said. "Go on." Cuchillos squinted at me. "Why Cesar? What about him? Was that on your orders?" I asked. Cuchillos smirked.

"That's for him to talk to me about." Cuchillos got up. "Any more questions?" She asked. I shook my head and got up. Cuchillos walked me to the door.

"It was nice having you here Y/n." I saw Officer Hammel waiting in the car for me. "Thank you for talking with me." I spoke and went out to the car. I got in the backseat and Officer Hammel started driving.

"You actually came back hm?" Hammel asked. "Mmhm." I nodded. "You understand how dangerous she is right?"

"Yes, yes. I know." I sighed. "Just making sure kid. I don't think you getting hurt would be any help to anyone right now." Officer Hammel warned.

"I get that," I said softly. It went silent for a few minutes. "So you are really a dirty cop?" I asked. He laughed a little.

"I don't think." He answered. "Hmm, that boyfriend of yours. Jamal. How's he doing?" Hammel inquired. "He's not my boyfriend, but he's good... I think." I took out my phone.

JAMAL

ME
Hey you good?

JAMAL
NO

ME
What's happening

JAMAL
I MIGHT BE ONE OF
THOSE PEOPLE WHO
NEED TO BE IN LOVE
TO HAVE SEX

JAMAL
AND RUBY'S PTSD IS
BACK AND HE'S HAVING
SEX DREAMS ABOUT
JASMINE

ME
I thought something
important.

JAMAL
IT IS

ME
Your sex life-
Ruby's uhhh can I
call his dreams
his sex life?

ME
Either way there is
bigger things at
hand right now.

JAMAL
OH SHES HERE

ME
Go have fun baby

JAMAL
I will 😉

JAMAL
Bye byeeee

Officer Hammel dropped me off a few blocks from my actual house. "Bye Mr. Ham." I waved and got out.

"Hey. Be safe. You and your brother. You are a tough kid, remember that." Hammel told me. "We will." I assured and walked off.