Kidnapped

After a few days, Monse wanted Jamal and Ruby to choose either her or Cesar. I wasn't in it but Monse wasn't really talking to me either. Everyone has been stressed a little and I've just been lost. 

Cesar told me he and Monse spoke and that she told him she forgives him but she wasn't gonna forget. 

"It was a takedown! The cash, the drugs, the guns, and illegal ferrets. The place was a scene. It was sick!" Jasmine told the crew as they watched the Prophets get arrested on the news. 

"But why are all the Prophets getting arrested?" Ruby asked her. "Remember the robbery at Freeridge Savings? The guys in monster masks? Well, that money was marked. And we've been tracking any money spent. First we caught Mr. Gutierrez in his liquor store with the dough. Turns out that money was from a customer and when those marked bills started popping up all around town right before the Prophets hood day, we were able to trace it back to them. So now the Prophets are no mas! '' Jasmine told us.

 "All of them?" I raised my eyebrow. "Hell yeah! We took 'em all down. The Prophets are Donezel Washington." 

A part of me felt a little hurt that I wasn't gonna talk to Latrelle anymore but a bigger part of me was happy. 

"Holy shit." Jamal turned his head. "Oh, actually check out this link. It's got the best footage's." Jasmine pulled up a video. "Damn." 

"They even got Latrelle." I looked down then at Ruby who looked back at me also. Everyone looked at Me and Ruby. "Yeah, he's going away for a long time." Jasmine spoke softly then looked up. 

"Ayo, Esteban! Why no call back? I don't send pics of my chonies to no phonies!" Jasmine yelled and walked away.

 I had a punching feeling in my chest. I didn't even know why. "N/n." Jamal whispered, tugging my jacket making me realize I was behind everyone. 

"Shit. My bad." I nervously laughed and we caught up to the others. "It's not going to bring her back. I mean what's the point of it all?"  Jamal held my hand as we walked next to Ruby.

"Latrelle took a life. Now his life's over. And look at us. The second we're not worrying about Cesar and Y/n's death's, we're sweating the small stuff. We lost sight of the bigger picture. How lucky we are to be alive and with each other." Ruby spoke. "Preachh." 

"I don't know how to explain how I feel, but I do know it's time to move on, Right Y/n." Ruby looked at me. I looked down and nodded. "Agreed. I'm leaving Freeridge." We all stopped working and turn to her. 

"I'm starting boarding school at the end of summer." Monse informed. "Wait. What? Are you serious?" Cesar asked. "Not talking to you." 

"But you forgave me." 

"I changed my mind." I looked at Cesar then back at her. "Wait. What? Are you serious?" I asked her. She looked at me. 

"God. Anyways, I finally realized it doesn't matter if any of you are on Team Monse because I'm on Team Monse and that's all I need, Soo... I'm out."

 "Okay." Jamal shrugged. "There were teams? Somebody please catch me up!" 

"Right, anyways. Good luck." Ruby told her. "Okay? Good luck?" Monse asked. "Yeah, I mean you left Freeridge before." Ruby nodded.

 "That's true." I smiled. "Writing Camp. Brentwood. This is schmuck bait. You always come back." Jamal brushed it off. "Not this time. I'm gone for good. Things just aren't the same around here. And I think we've outgrown each other." Monse looked at me.

 I let go of Jamal's hand and held my arms out. "Hug?" I smiled. Monse came and hugged me. "She's the only that cares." Monse shook her head. 

I didn't believe that Monse was going to be gone forever, for good or anything, but I didn't want to make any mistakes. 

"Ruby what kind of snacks you got at home? Did your mom get that good spinach dip from Costco?" Jamal asked. Ruby, Jamal and Cesar started talking about food.

 "If you are gone for good, they'll miss you. They probably miss you already, not gonna lie." I reassured her and we stopped hugging.

 They were still talking about the dip. "I'm serious!" Monse shouted. "So are we. That dip's bomb." 

"Are you even listening to me? I'm really out of here. I'm done with the gangs and the bullshit and the non-drama that you always get me into." She gestured to all of us. 

"Uh." Ruby, Jamal and I looked around dramatically. "We get you into?" Ruby questioned. "Uh...yeah! You." Monse said back. 

"Good bye." Ruby looked at her. "Uh, no no no no. You shouldn't say goodbye. Cause I want to buh bye!" Jamal smiled and waved. I snickered. 

"Assholes."

 "Hey, hey. Let's just all take a deep breath." Cesar got Monse to turn back around. "Shut up! No one's talking to you!" Monse yelled. "Okay, We'll see you when you get back." Cesar beamed. 

"Yeah, good luck trying to survive on your own. Without me you guys are done. There'll be no one to save you." Monse pointed to Cesar. "Damn." I laughed a little. "Wow." 

"Solid performance." 

"I almost believed it that time." 

"And yet, I didn't because we all know we don't need you. You need us." Ruby commented. "I hope I never see any of you again." Monse stormed off. 

"That felt pretty real." Cesar spoke. "Kinda hurt." I muttered. "Mm not really." Ruby shook his head. "I didn't see the commitment in her eyes!" Ruby yelled, catching her attention. She spun around and started walking back. 

"Uh-oh here she comes."

 "Mmmhm."

 "Oh she's back." 

"She's coming back incoming." 

We all murmured. "How bout now? Eat shit!" Monse yelled in Ruby's face. Jamal gasped.

 As we were talking and Monse was walking way everything went dark and I was being picked up and thrown.