Brentwood Has Issues Too

I was getting dressed early in the afternoon since I had slept through the morning.

^^^Your Outfit (Change it if you want)

"I'm gonna go to Ruby's house now. We have things to handle." I told Jasmine. "Alright. Tell Ruby I said heyyy." Jasmine smiled. "I will." I nodded and walked out.

 I walked in the house to see Abuelita and Jamal arguing.

"Y/n! Abuelita here says we owe her after she spent the clean money!" Jamal brought me into the argument. "Um, okay." I sat in front of him. Abuelita threw the bag at him. 

"You know what! Take it! I'm out! I want nothing to do with this dinero malvado." Abuelita walked away angrily. "Fine! Well don't come crying back to me for your 35% when we prove you wrong!" Jamal yelled. 

"35%? You gave her 35?"

"Gave. As in past tense. Now we don't owe her anything." Jamal grinned. "Oh yeah. Lucky us. We have a 100% stake on money we can't spend! What are we gonna do now?" Ruby ranted. 

They got texts from Monse.

| TIME SKIP |

"They asked me to stay. This whole month feels like a dream and I don't know if I'm ready to wake up, but I also do want to leave my dad. Or you, what should I do?" Monse asked us. Jamal and Ruby sat down while I stood next to Monse. 

"There is no question."

"Stay." Ruby and Jamal answered. "You serious? You're just gonna give me up that easily with no discussion or debate? What about you N/n? You say stay too?" Monse looked at me.

"I say do whatever is best. I'll still come over to see you no matter what. But... this is pretty sweet compared to Freeridge." I shrugged. 

"Exactly. Like what's there to debate? You live in a baller house with expensive outfits, and it's safe." Ruby explained.

"Which is more than you can say about Freeridge." I added. "Yeah. The money's definitely better off here." Jamal placed the gym bag with money on the counter. 

"What do you mean, the money is definitely better off here? Did you bring the money?" Jamal and Ruby looked at eachother. "No. No, I can't keep the money. What happened to Abuelita?"

"The old bag scammed us." Ruby told her. "Ugh?" Jamal and I scoffed and looked at him.

"What? I can say old bag. She's my grandma." Ruby defended. "Monse we need a secure place to store it until we can work out a new plan pronto." Jamal reassured. 

"But I invited some friends over." Monse fake smiled. "Well uninvite them."

The doorbell rang.

 "We don't want to impose. This is just a drop off so the food doesn't go to waste." One of the white girls said. Ruby smiled at her and Jamal waved at the other.