Promotion

I woke up and got washed up and Cesar called me to hurry and get my clothes on.

I  got my book bag and we headed out. I rolled my eyes at the sight of Olivia but she walked away as Me and Cesar came up to Monse. 

"Ruby can't be the only to talk to Oscar. He's the wrong messenger." Monse claimed. "No one should talk to Oscar but he's the best of the worst options."

"I could-."

"Oscar, doesn't like badgering babe." I interrupted.

"I don't- How do am I badgering. I don't."

"Give me an example on how and when i've done that. You can't think of one can you?" She defended.

"Right now." I answered. "Olivia. Wait up!" Cesar yelled.

Monse walked away trying to catch up to them.

I saw Ruby walk over and then turn around again. "Just go, shortie." He jumped at the sound of my voice "I am! Don't rush me!" He groaned. "You wont die." I teased winking at him. 

"Go to school." He shooed me with his hand. "Why? I don't want to."

"Because you're making me way more nervous." He uttered. "How! Look, i'll come with you."

"Fine."

"He won't hurt you if I'm there and you have to have a good mood so stop the groaning and moaning." He rolled his eyes. 

I walked over and put my arm around his neck. "I'm getting as tall as you." Ruby said smugly.

"Nah, you're just wearing higher shoes." I debunked as we walked in the gate.

Ruby saw the acid and wanted to turn around. "Acid? I can't do this." He turned around pulling my arm. 

"What's up fool?...n/n you're supposed to be in school." Oscar said behind us. Ruby stopped. I chuckled and turned around. "Hey Spooks." I greeted.

Oscar got two buckets one for him and one for Ruby. Me and Ruby went over. "It's okay." I whispered in Ruby's ear as he sat down awkwardly. 

Oscar and him stared at eachother and Ruby was sweating so I started massaging Ruby's shoulders to calm him down. Oscar got up in his face. "What's with the glitter?" He asked. I chuckled and looked. "Late night at the club. You know how hynas be." Ruby fibbed. Oscar sat back down. 

"I feel you homie. Sometimes my ruca wears that same shit. She be rubbing all on me. I can't get that crap out for days."

"One of your hoes." I gave a fake couch. Oscar looked at me and laughed. "You need to be in school."

"I was helping this dude out." I patted Ruby's shoulders. He nodded and looked at Ruby. 

"Smoke?"

"Trying to quit."

I snickered at how tough Ruby was trying to act.

"Whatcha want to chop it up about?" Oscar asked. I started massaging Ruby's shoulders again. "Mr. Oscar...I mean Spooky. I know you're a busy man so i'll just cut to it. Is that acid?"

"You know what. Don't answer. None of my business... So Cesar! Can we talk about how smart he is? You know i'm smart but he's like a certifiable genius and he has off the charts emotional intelligence, which is rare, I mean combine that with his innate ability to empathize and problem solve and you get the real deal. A natural leader, which is a testament to how well you raised him." Ruby explained. 

It's sweet hearing that's how Ruby thinks of Cesar.

"I feel you, homie." Oscar nodded.

"So what i'm saying is he has so much potential that hasn't yet been recognized. He's just a baby bird waiting to take flight. Who knows how high that bird can fly given the right wind and lack of predators."