Low Blow

I laid in the bed I shared with Jasmine when she walked in. "You won't believe it! I went through a family slut-shame! It was so eee!" I chuckled as she sat on the bed.

"How was the dinner?"

"Shit for a 'hard ass' Santo, Cesar's actin' like a petty bitch."

Jasmine tsked her tongue and rubbed my knee. "So not good?"

"Nah... Found out I'll be having a niece tho! She's gonna be named after Oscar and Cesar's mom." "That's great! You're gonna be a great titi!"

"Not that great because and here's the shock." Jasmine faced towards me fully.

"They're moving to Portland."

"Portland? Seriously?"

"I think Isabel has family up there and Oscar's opening a restaurant."

"Geeez, are you happy for them?" I tilted my head a little. "Of course! Why wouldn't I be?"

"I thought you still held a tiny grudge against Oscar." I shook my head in response.

"He's doing well with life. Me holding a grudge only sends negative energy to him and I don't want that for him."

"What about Cesar? You being upset with him does the same."

"Well, he brought that upon hisself- Hold on." My phone rang with Oscar's name showing as the Caller ID.

"Hey!"

"They found her, Y/n."

"Huh? Who?...Hold on, Jas." I got up and went outside of the room. "Cuchillos. They found the body."

| TIME SKIP |

Finally, I went back to school two days after the Cuchillos news and stayed with Ruby and Jasmine throughout the day.

Ruby seemed more panicked before telling me that he knew Cuchillos was found as well.

Seemed like me being there along with him calmed him down a bit since he had someone else who cared about it.

So, I stayed hanging out and being a third wheel for them. I was also attempting to avoid Jamal.

Only since I knew of his newest reputation. It was passing period and I saw Jamal walking from Jasmine.

"What happened?"

"Ruby's getting a gang vote!" Jasmine watched the bathroom and held my arm. "Gang vote?"

"From Cesar. They're in the bathroom and Jamal's there too probably to squeeze his little way into getting those votes."

"Christ... I should probably go to cla-"

"Stay with me well unless you know, Ruby wants to... celebrate."

"UGH! Please! Jas' that's so fuckin' gross." Jasmine giggled and we watched Cesar walk out.

"Let's go!" She pulled me with her to the boy's restroom. As her ear was against it the door opened causing her to trip in and drag me with her.

Jamal, who had opened the door, looked at me and then her.

"No shit... Can I speak with you?"

Jasmine let my arm go as I nodded. "Actually, J, I been meaning to talk to you too. I should've called earlier but I didn't wanna be a bother." I told him while we walked from the restrooms.

"I take it, you know about... her... being foun-" He cut my words off with a small scoff.

"Listen, I'll tell you what I told Ruby. It's not my problem. Speaking of Ruby, are you really still hanging out with him? Oh wait, him and Jasmine come as a packaged deal so, BOTH of them?"