Halloween

| HALLOWEEN DAY...|

I was behind Jamal as he dissected chocolate. "Is this foil or a razor blade? " He turned around and asked me. "Shit...I'm taking my chances and saying it's a razor blade. That's sick-"

"Jamal Turner and Y/n Diaz. Jamal Turner and Y/n Diaz. Please report to the office." 

We looked at each other, confused before our things and heading out.

"I'm so sorry for your loss." The lady at the desk frowned. "Loss?" I whispered to Jamal.

"Your grandma is here to pick you to up outside." 

"Grandma? We aren't even related." She looked at us in confusion.

We walked outside holding hands and there was a big security guard checking me out. We saw Abuelita's car pull up. "Ven aquí." Abuelita rushed us in the car.

Jamal pulled the front seat car door open for me and sat in the back then Abuelita drove off.

We parked in front of some car dealership. "Rose Westbrook." She spoke, holding out a piece of paper. I looked the paper and examined it then gave it to Jamal who did the same. "Rose is Frankie's girlfriend. The one I made the dress for." 

Me and Jamal stared at her like she was crazy. "She was the negrita dancer on the negrito dance show with the negrito choo choo."

"A negrito dance show? What's that?" I tilted my head. "And a negrito choo choo?" Jamal added. "Use the google."

"The- The what?" 

She pinched both of our cheeks. "You both ask to many preguntas. Now it's time for you two to find the answers." She told us. "Váyase."

 Jamal got out the car and opened my door for me as I gathered my bookbag.

We got on the sidewalk. "Answers to what?" Jamal asked. "Rollerworld! You both are gonna find the money." She beamed. "Oooh."  She nodded then drove off.

"Damn it. Now we have to walk back." 

| TIME SKIP |

Me and Jamal were doing research on the lady Abuelita told us about. "She danced on soul train. That's the choo choo." I informed. " I have to get my costume for later."

 Jamal nodded. Ruby started ranting so I got out of there quick.

JAMAL

JAMAL
Brentwood.

ME 
What about it

JAMAL 
That's where she lives.

ME
Holy shit! We gotta go there

JAMAL
Ruby is yelling I'll ttyl 

ME
 like always. I'll see ya.

I finally got to my house and saw most of the Santos. Me and Oscar haven't talked since the jumping incident. I went inside and got my costume on.