The Fallen Off Third Wheel

"YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT RUBY SAID TO ME? HE SAYS HE'S GONNA GO TO JAMAL'S PARTY SOLO! SAID THAT I WAS TALKING FOR HIM!" Jasmine slammed the door and ranted while I was watching youtube.

"Ruby's a short big booty boy with sass and you're a tall curvy woman with sass and a lot of-"

"ASS?"

"I was go a say class to rhyme but that would be a lie" I laughed and held out my hand for a high five. She fake laughed before pushing my head softly.

"Seriously though, did you expect him not to feel that way-"

"You know what, N/n. WE'RE GOING TO THAT PARTY! Get ready!"

"Wha- Now?" I hopped up. "Yes now."

"I'm going in this."

Jasmine groaned and covered her face. "You're right! We shouldn't look too good."

I laughed and shrugged. "Kinda wanna see J's parents. He kinda keeps me from talking to them. Like I'm in then out."

"Damn, he's doin' you like how he does all the other girls... And you're just letting it slide?"

"I mean I'm no better in this situation, am i?" Jasmine frowned and looked to the side. "I mean... no, but-"

"So it's even. I dunno, I think this whole situation with the friend group is really wearing on me." I sighed and laid on my back. "I miss them all. I even miss... him."

"Him being Cesar?"

"Yeah. I miss my family."

"Well, you have Oscar you can always go see."

"I can't let him see me like this. I've been a wreck and I think at that dinner, he could tell. He didn't say much to me. It's also hard seeing him. Like, all my life I've seen him in a specific light and now I gotta adjust to a new him. I don't mind but... it's so weirdddd! AAAH!"

Jasmine sat down next to me and placed her hand on my head.

"Maybee going to this party will make you less frustrated. We go, I talk to Ruby, you get a drink or talk to Jamal's parents, we come back home feeling fulfilled. Good plan?"

She gave a small smile making me do the same and nod. "Great plan!"

| TIME SKIP |

Jamal's backyard was packed. Athletes and others partying. Even girls who didn't like Jamal but hated me a bit more.

We see Ruby but he walked over angrily so I started walking away. "You. You let her come?" Ruby stopped me.

"Was I not supposed to? I don't even know what's happening. Is Abuelita home?" I asked, tilting my head a little. "Yeah, she is." Ruby told me.

I gave Jasmine a thumbs up and walk away, moving into the home. I bumped into Dwayne who smiled. "Y/n! Girl. Have we missed you?" He hugged me.

"I missed you and Fran too." I giggled.

"What's with you and Jamal? And open relationship? What's that about?"

"His idea but... I dunno. I miss my boy when he wasn't putting up a front." I frowned. "You and me both. These new friends are killing me. They have ZERO respect..."

"Yeah. I gotta go. I wasn't planning on coming but I wanted to see either you or Fran."

"That's sweet. I'll tell her you said hey. And, hey, he's probably just trying to see where he fits. You bring out the best in him and without you, he's been... like a dick... I miss my weird kid."

I nodded. "Me too." Dwayne let me passed to walk off.

I walked myself to Ruby's house and knocked on the door, knocking a song me and Abuelita liked. Jamal opened the door and looked at me.

"You know, you're hosting a party at your house right?" I asked. "Yesss, I knoww." He said, smiling a little.

"Is MY friend here?" I asked. "Ruby?"

"My other friend."

"Oh you mean OURR friend, yes."

"Just kiss and make up already!" Abuelita said, while sitting on the couch. "Why should I?"

I folded my arms and looked at him. "Cause, I can sayy I've been an asshole. And that i'm sorry. For not listening to you, neglecting you, and suggesting we become on open relationship. When things crashed, I wanted you to go down with the crew because I felt you were pulling away from me too."

"Which wasn't happening but because you didn't talk to me properly about everything and let this whole mess get crazy and noww you realize you miss me and our friends. Am I right?"

"I missed you. And Abuelita... And Ruby." He told half the truth. "Good enough."

"So we all good and closed?"

I grinned and pulled him into a kiss as my answer.

"I surely am forgiven." Jamal laughed and moved out the way.

I laid next to Abuelita who kissed my forehead.

"Should've made him apologize on his hands and knees." She muttered to me, making me laugh.

Jamal sat down on the other side and sighed in relief. We all talked and laughed until Ruby came in the house clearly angry.

"What are you doing here?" He spat towards Jamal. "What were you not doing here?"

"I went to your party to demand an apology." Jamal scoffed at him. "Okay? Im sorry." He said before snickering.

"Pretending to be sorry when your not really sorry? You don't even know what you're apologizing for!"

"What should I be apologizing for?"

"Humiliating Ruby." I fake coughed as Jamal got up. "Yeah! The fact that you completely humiliated me in front of the whole school!"

"Oh! Let's be honest it was not the whole school! Most people were watching the magic show in the gym, but I'm sorry. Your turn!"

Me and Abuelita turned to look at Ruby. "My turn?"

"Turn apologize to me for the past two years. For shutting me out. For making Jasmine your plus one and subtracting me. You know there's only so many times one can be a third wheel before the wheel falls off."

"Peach!" I instigated with a hand full of chips. "It wasn't Jasmine's fault. You didn't give her a chance."

"Me? I've known her my whole life."

"Yeah but you haven't really gotten to know her."

"Preaac-"

Abuelita covered my mouth.

"I wasn't given a chance to give her a chance! You two were all about each other. And I certainly wasn't about to get to know her as she was giving you a handy underneath that blanket. And yeah, I saw it."

Abuelita got up. "Are we grossing you out?"

"No, I need to take care of something. Where's the remote?...I need batteries." Jamal groaned in disgust and hand her the remote. She took it and sped off.

My phone rang, startling everyone. "I'm gonna go take this." I say, getting up and walking outside. "Hey, Jas." I answered.

"He... Ruby broke up with me."

"He did? But he's here- Oh my god." I sighed and sat down. "Look on the bright side... You'll have more time with me." I joked, which surprisingly made her laugh.

"I'll be over and we can make those browniess and listen to sad music with each other, yeah?" I suggested.

"Yeah... You always know how to cheer me up. I love you, dude."