S4 • Siblings Quarrel

(I didn't think I was bout to write for s4 but things change :P)

NARRATOR VIEW

About 2 years went by and the four were no longer close. Too much happened so quickly. Everyone changed. Either for the better or worse.

A FEW MONTHS AGO

"Okay, but you didn't have to be a dick about it, Cesar! What are you gonna do, huh? You wanna fuckin' fight?" Y/n shouted at her brother. "You know I wouldn't-"

"Yeah, but you're actin' like it! I put my relationship and friendships on the line for both of you."

"Well I didn't ask you too." Y/n nodded backing away from Cesar.

"You ain't ask me to but instead you tried to make me fucking guilty! I've been straight with you through all of this. With all of y'all but you... You are a liar. I know this! They do too...I'm not saying all the time but it's been enough times." She lowered her voice.

"Yeah well I'm so sorry that you don't believe me. But, Oscar said he doesn't have the money and it's crazy you don't believe your own family."

"I don't care about the money! I spent mines and the last bit of it left I gave it away for better purposes. You know what, get out my face."

"Y/n-"

"Cesar, out of my face. I'm not playing with you." Cesar rolled his eyes before walking off.

THE PRESENT

YOUR VIEW

Everyone was split. Well, mostly. The past has been weird.

Monse was gone. Cesar's been the Santos's favorite hoodrat. As for Ruby and Jasmine, they were together.

Monse and Cesar basically ignore me however I made sure to ignore Cesar back. Ruby and I didn't really talk much but we still considered ourselves to be close friends.

I was back living with Jasmine since when it came down to family, she was the closest.

Jamal and I on the other hand are now in an open relationship. Jamal does his thing and I do mines but we made sure to have boundaries. It was more like a weird substitute from breaking up, while we still had feelings for each other, it was clear they were dying down.

"So, babe, you doin' anything tonight?" Jamal questioned over the phone.

"Yes. I am." I responded, putting in earrings. "Oh?"

"I got a dinner to go to."

"A date? With who?"

"Family dinner." I cleared up. "Oh... Tell me what happens afterwards?"

"Yeah. I'm kinda excited to go."

"You are?"

"Yeah, seein' my brother lookin, ya know, healthy. Makes me leap a little. And I love me some Isabel. She's so damn pretty." I softly chuckled before holding the phone to my ear.

"That's good. You goin' to school soon?"

"Why?"

"Campaign stuff."

"...You're still doing that, hm? I love and support you but I still think you're in the wrong with this." Jamal groaned, annoyed at having this conversation again. I was annoyed too. It's like he didn't see what he was doing was wrong.

"Not this again... Can I come over after dinner tho?"

"No, you got to study, Remember?"

| LATER THAT NIGHT |

Oscar's been doing so well. Changing his life around with a fiancé and a baby on the way.

I was eating dinner with him, his fiancée, Isabel, and Cesar.

Isabel went on telling an interaction she had some time ago as my brothers glared at each other from time to time. I didn't have the energy to sprout any comments, being around Cesar and Oscar's bad juju was damn near sucking the life out of me.

So draining. However, like Oscar, I was out of the Santos and I wanted Cesar out too. I don't want to say I gave up on him, because I didn't, but I couldn't help him.

I can't save a person that didn't want to be saved. He'll realize that The Santos ain't a family but only a gang.

That's all it will be, because if it all rains down, he's gonna be the one getting run over. Hopefully, he comes to his senses before it's too late.

"Okay... Would any of you like to participate in this conversation? Cause it isn't a conversation if I'm the only one conversing." Isabel questioned, noticing the clear awkwardness.

"I'm so sorry. This food is so good." I spoke, covering my mouth that still had food in it. Isabel chuckled softly, giving a small 'Thank you.'

"How's the baby?" "She's good." "She?" "She. We're gonna name her Lydia." Isabel grinned.

"I'm gonna be an auntie to a girl, oh my god." I cooed, wiping my mouth.

"I thought you hated mom." Cesar asked Oscar. "Well you thought wrong."

"Guess I didn't know you like I thought I did."

"That makes two of us." Oscar countered. "Well," I cleared my throat softly as Cesar dismissed himself. "I'm gonna head out too. I got a few things to do tomorrow so... yeah. I appreciate the food, Isabel." I stood up.

"Cesar, Y/n. We're moving to Portland." The pregnant woman blurted before Cesar was about to head out. "Oh?"

"Oscar's opening a restaurant, and there'd be a job for you. If you came with us. Both of you." I glanced at Cesar then at Oscar. I just wanted to be out of there now.

"A restaurant? Now where'd you get the money for that, huh?"

"C'mon don't start-"

"It's called a loan and hustle. Something you used to know a lot about." Oscar clapped back.

"Bullshit. I don't believe you."

"He sold his car, Cesar."

"Well, I'm not leaving Freeridge. This is where my family's at." I rolled my eyes and scoffed at Cesar claim. "The Santos aren't your family."

"Right." I muttered. "Nah, their not yours... or yours. Thanks again." Cesar walked off.

"Sorry, Isabel." I muttered and waved goodbye before catching the door. "Cesar-"

"Don't try to give me any advice, Y/n. I'm not hearing it."

"I'm just trying to tell you that you're a dumbass and you can at least try to be decent with him." Cesar quit walking and turned to me.

"...Look at yourself. You don't even go to school, instead you camp out at any random guy who is nice to you's house only to go back to Jasmine's house. One day, Y/n, you'll get played because you're a true dumbass."

I nodded.

"But you believe that a gang that jumped yo ass is your true family. You're a clown. Just a wannabe hard ass bitch who'll get fucked over in the end. I don't even know why Oscar's still trying to get through to you. Have a good night, Cesar."