Siblings Again

Monse hung up. "Boo, go to the hospital with them, say that I'm his uhhh niece or daughter or cousin and I'll meet you at the hospital tomorrow. I have to go."

"Be safe!" Jamal told me. "I will!"

I put my book bag securely on my back and walked with my phone ringing only for no answer. "YO!I'm on my way so, be ready." I spoke in the message. Ran to where I knew Latrelle would have been at this time. His uncle's place. I got to the front of the house to see him talking to some other Prophets.

I took a deep breath and walked over there. Immediately, eyes were on me. "Latrelle can we talk?" I asked quietly. Latrelle looked at me along with the other Prophets. "Ight, what's up?"

"In private please." I cleared. He nodded and took me to the other side of the street. "What's up?"

"You know what's up. What's up with you pullin' up on my brother and my best friend for?"

He started laughing and licking his lips. "I don't find anything fucking funny." I crossed my arms. He stopped laughing and smacked his teeth. "I was just telling him I am back baby, you don't have to tense up on me."

"Pulling a gun on my brother, putting him and Monse in danger is not JUST telling him something. Come on, last time I saw you I was told you jumped a kid, and now you putting ME and my brother in danger."

"Wait, how am I putting you in danger?" Latrelle asked. "Because... you just are!"

"How am I gonna know not to put you in danger if you won't tell me how I'm doing something?... Wait, are you-"

"Yes, yes, I am. There was a change of plans."

"Big fuckin' change of plans. Thought that you were strictly not able to be officially affiliated."

"And since your brother is the leader of the shit, why couldn't he do anything to prevent that?" He asked. "That's not the point. If you run into Cesar don't fight back, do what he says, and if he tells you to leave then do just that. I don't want you nor him hurt."

"But-"

"No buts, bro. I'm serious. Either way, someone would have to hurt someone." I warned. "I guess." He hugged me tightly.

"Go home now, be safe."

We pulled apart from the hug. "I gotta tell you that." I sighed and walked away. I looked at my phone and it was...late.

"Shit." I muttered to myself and ran all the way to my house. I got to the porch and the door was locked. I rang the doorbell twice and kept knocking on the door until Oscar answered. I walked in still trying to catch my breath.

"Where the hell were you?"

"I was with Jamal."

"Your Prophet friend pulled up on Cesar. So tell me the truth, were you with Jamal or were you doing something you got NO business doing?" He interrogated.

"My god! I'm telling' the truth. Me and Jamal had some troubles wit' our... boss."

"Ugh, I got different things to worry about. Tomorrow you are not allowed to go to school, the block is hot." Oscar stated.

"Where's Cesar?"

"His room." Oscar replied, bluntly and sat on the couch.

I went to my room, placing my book bag on my bed and taking my shoes off then went to Cesar's room. I knocked on the door lightly. He opened it and rolled his eyes.

"What do you want?" He asked. I scoffed and wrapped my arms around him tightly. He hugged back slowly. "You okay?"

"Yeah, are you?" I asked. "Now I am."