Prom Season

With all new stresses, Cesar has been having troubles with his grades but for me, the stresses really only motivated me, causing me to do way better than I was in the beginning of the school year.

Excitingly, Monse, Jasmine, Jamal, and Ruby have been getting their college acceptance letters and more.

During the school year, I was doing better than I was from last year to the beginning of this year.

| TIME SKIP |

It's Prom Season and Jasmine's been on my ass about it all. "IT'S OUR LASTTT PROM!" She commented, for the upteenth time while we got ready for school.

"As you mentioned... By the way, self love is everything but let's sayy someone asks you "Hey, why don't you have a prom date?" what will you say? A. Oh, because I'm still friend zoning my ex who thinks I got a new dude, B. Self love is the only love I need because... annddd then you go on a longgg rant about why you are happy being alone but it ends up making you sound lonely, orrrr C. Lie and say your man is too grown for prom." I asked.

Jasmine looked at me, trying not to smile. "You can be a dick sometimes." She laughed, throwing a shirt my way. I grin and laugh.

"Hey, I'm just saying. Also, you know how awkward things have been recently for me? Jamal has all these girls neeedingg, cravinggg for him to be their prom date but he loudly rejects them or says some corny shit like "Let me think it over, lady and I might be yours." knowing damn well he's just gonna take whatever they give him as like an offer and not think about shit. Listen, free candy's free candy, but I'm thinking like do they just think me and him aren't automatically going?" I ranted.

"Him indulging in it sounds kinda wild now that I say it out loud."

"Mmmm, Well, are youu getting any offers?"

I smiled a little at the question and nodded. "Some guy had this huge promposal for me be when I was walking to see what it was about, I was with Jamal and Jamal laughed loud as shit and did the womp womp noise. Shit was so mean, but I thanked the guy and let him down gently." Jasmine laughed loudly.

"OOH YEAHHH! I saw that video yesterday!"

"Oh my god, nooo!"

"Girl, I should've known it was you! I was thinking like "Damn, her ass is stressingly fat." I shoulda' know!" The both of us fell out in laughter. After calming down and help each other up, we made our way to school.

"Anddd Jamal hasn't asked you yet or even a little promposal?"

"Not yet. He says he's trying to get me something before hand and that he knows I hate being in the public eye so he'd only do it in the confides of me and the crew." My phone rings with a call and it's from Isabel.

"Hi, mama. How's everything?" I asked after answering. "Welll, you're officially a tíaaa!" She announces. "Oh, my goodness! You had the baby?"

"I diddd, I diddd! Here's a picture... It's sending." Isabel sent a picture of Lydia who was so bright and smiling a little. "Oh my gooshhh... Jas! Look!" I showed Jasmine. "Oh my gosh, awwwww! She looks just like Oscar!" Jasmine commented.

"RIGHTT! How was everything, Isabel? Was it all safe and stuff?" I asked.

"It wass, it wass! Listen, let me let you go before she wakes up again. She's so greedy and like wants to eat or cuddle every 30 minutes." Isabel laughed softly.

"Well, be well! Congratulations. I love you."

"And I love you, bye bye." After hanging up, I stared at the picture with my eyes watering.