Handled

It was the evening. We were outside of the motel and a car pulled up.

Cesar went up to the window and was handed a paper.

Just before the car pulled off a phone was thrown out the window and Cesar caught it.

We walked over to check it out and by the looks of Cesar's face, it wasn't too good.

"What is it?"

"It's Oscar's phone." 

| TIME SKIP |

We all hitchhiked to the destination on the sheet of paper that was given to Cesar.

"How do we know which way to go?" Monse questioned as we started walking into the woods.

"Maybe intuition?" I suggested. Jamal fell into the woods with us.

"You good?" I looked at him, with a slight giggle leaving my lips.

Everyone was so tense, it's understandable but so uncomfortable.

I followed everyone as they continued to walk around.

We'd been walking for a few hours and I really didn't feel like we were getting anywhere.

It was like we were going in circles.

"I know we need to help Cesar get closure but we don't have closure with Cuchilos. She's still out there and is going to come for us." Jamal stated.

"That's a fact, I feel like this is a setup."

"Yeah, I've been thinking about that too," Ruby added. "Things aren't looking good for us, are they?"

"Depends on how ya' look at it." I answered back and put my hands in my pockets.

"You know what sucks? I may never get to drive a car."

"I'm never gonna get to stick it in... or at least somewhere besides my own sock. And a jar of jelly."

"Ruby, really?" I tilted my head slightly. "A jar of jelly?" Jamal questioned.

"Like from your fridge?"

"Yeah."

"Was it the boysenberry or the marmalade?"

"Please not the boysenberry," I muttered.

"I don't know. Why does it matter?"

"It matters!"

"Alright, the marmalade. No one eats it." I laughed a little.

"This is not funny, Y/n! I eat it! I eat the marmalade!" Jamal expressed.

"I won't tell anyone... Y/n won't either."

"I know." Jamal kept walking. "Damn, that means if you- and then I've kissed- Aw hell nah." I shook my head and kept walking.

"And it doesn't matter. Especially if we're dead." Jamal and Ruby caught up to me.

Over a walking period, Jamal had on a whole camouflage cloak and was making growling noises.

"Shut up, Jamal." Ruby pleaded. I had one earphone in by this time.

Thinking.

What if it wasn't a setup and what we want to find is here?

What if Oscar handled it but kept it on hush mode because he knew the plans?

My head was full of concepts and worries.

Once again, an argument burst out. "You're driving me crazy," Cesar complained.