Missing Green

We looked at the pictures on Olivia.

"Olivia, I'll never forget your kindness." Cesar started. "Your encouragement and support." Jamal added.

"Your beautiful heart." Ruby's voice cracked. "Your unconditional friendship." Monse looked at me.

"And your forgiveness." I finished. Ruby took a gift from his pocket and was gonna set it down.

"You should unwrap it."

"Yeah?" Ruby asked. Everyone nodded. Ruby struggled opening it so Jamal helped. It was a Spanish dictionary. Everyone chuckled.

"What? What's so funny?" Ruby asked. "Oh my gosh, Ruby."

"What?" Ruby groaned. "That's a horrible birthday gift."

"Why? What's so horrible about trying to better someone's skill set." Ruby defended. "I'm with Ruby. That girl was many things but definitely not a linguist." Jamal added.

"Yeahh, she once called a horchata..."

"Horacha. It wasn't just once." Monse finished for Cesar. "I miss her." Ruby hummed.

We all went over and hugged him for a moment before backing apart.

"Guys, i've been hiding something." Jamal broke the silence. "Me too. I've got nowhere to go." Cesar sighed.

"You said your brother was-"

"No, I lied. I'm dead to him. Both of us." Cesar told her as he rubbed my back with one hand.

"But, not to me. We'll figure it out. I promise." Monse told him. Monse and Cesar kissed causing me to back up from my bro and back to Jamal.

"That's gross." I commented, causing them to break it up.

"Oh yeah, we've been hiding this too."

Me, Ruby and Jamal looked at eachother and shrugged. "We dont care. We kissed you first." Jamal held his hand out to me and Ruby for a high five.

"Yeah." I smirked, remembering that day in 7th grade when we all played truth or dare and I got dared to kiss Monse. Me and Ruby high fived Jamal and smiled.

"Anyways, as I was saying. Before y'all interrupted me--" Jamal was starting. "Well, I've been high... All night." Ruby interrupted again.

"Are you kidding me." Jamal walked into the street. "Are you--" He starting doing weird shit. "Kidding.... me!" His veins popped out a little. I walked over and turned him around to face everyone.

"Yo, calm down." I whispered. "I am literally trying to tell these guys something! Something important! Something monumental! Something that will probably- NO scratch that. Positively! Will positively change your lives! And they keep interrupting me like some dumb comedy run! What is wrong with you people!?" Jamal ranted.

"One, calm down again. I know you wanna tell them and you can but be patient everyone likes talking. They're done now. Right?"

"Yeah, now tell us."

"No! I'm done!"

"Well shut up." Monse told him. "You don't deserve to know." Jamal crossed his arms as I tried helping him tie back up his tie.

"Stop moving 'fore I end up choking you out." I muttered. "Please." Cesar uttered out.

I finished fixing the tie. "Fine. I found the Rollerworld Money." Jamal gave in.

They all stared at him. "It's true. That's how he's lookin' the way he is." I told them. They still stared at us like we were crazy.

| TIME SKIP |