S1 • Party Girl

My friends and I were watching a party... from outside of the actual party.

"Do you see him? I don't see him." Monse uttered looking for my brother, Cesar. "Something bad is going to happen I can feel it. I knew this was a dumb idea." Jamal claimed.

"We can't see him because he's being stealth." Ruby added.

Cesar was my half brothers. I was born ten months after he was making him older than me. We had different mom's but were still raised in the same home.

"No doubt. He's got this. When has Cesar ever disappointed us?" Monse gave more rhetorical question. "Mmm 4th grade kickball tournament. We loss." Jamal stated.

"Only because I picked the kid with no skills." Cesar chimed in. We all turned behind us to him. I snickered since it Jamal really was not athletic. "And I'd pick you again," Cesar said throwing me and Jamal a beer.

"Loyalty trumps victory, compa." Cesar gave Ruby and Monse a beer. "Take it in. This is about to be us. This is high school." He continued. We all took a drink.

"If y'all wanted to go to parties, could've asked me." I joked. They all turned to me. "Of course you're always out going to parties and shit." Cesar responded. "Yup and you never want to come with." I replied back. He rolled his eyes playfully.

"Ruby. You think your brother is going to marry Angelica?" Monse asked. "No idea. Mario tells me jack." Ruby answered. "What about that time he said Angelica has a dangler." Jamal laughed.

I elbowed him. "But he said that." Jamal defended. "In private! Time and place dude." Ruby groaned. I giggled a little bit. I zoned out for a moment until Ruby asked me something.

"Y/n!" He said. "What?" I asked. "Since you're a quote on quote party girl do you wear underwear?" He asked. I cringed.

"The fuck." I said. Cesar laughed. "Yes, I do. When I go to parties...it depends." I gave the more playful answer.

"Oh my god, I'm gonna die." Jamal kept mumbling over and over. "How are you going to die?" I asked.

"Those guys over there play for the ridge. Did you know last year alone over a quorum of kids die-" Jamal informed but was cut off. "Died playing football. You're stuck on repeat. So don't play." Monse came in.

"No choice. Pops was a legend it's family tradition." He muttered. "I'm dead." Jamal said getting off of the crate we were standing on. "You're not dead," I hopped next to him.

"Football spiral," Cesar instructed. Jamal spun around. "Jamal C.T.E is not in your future." Cesar consoled. "Guys check out my game. Juanita just gave me a nod." Ruby smirked before two dudes came up and grabbed him the shirt.

"Easy he does your mom's taxes," Cesar eased the tension. "Mrs. Guazman right?"

"3,000 dollar refund, Schedule C, Line 30, Home office deduction." Ruby recited. Another dude came up. "Aye, what are you doing ese? That's Spooky's little bro and sis." The other guy said.

They let him go of him and Ruby went next to Cesar. "I didn't realize it was you two little homie." The guy said to Cesar. "Listen man tell Spooky 'Sad Eyes sends respect'." He said. Cesar nodded and they left. "Thank god for your brother." Ruby said holding his neck.

"No. Thank god for better things." Cesar held Ruby. Ruby turned to me and I nodded slightly. We heard gunshots and ran. Everyone was screaming and running and while running with them They were talking but I didn't know what they saying.

| TIME SKIP |

We were watching Angelica and Mario fighting from out the window. "Angelica's pissed." Jamal commented.