Ashes, Ashes

Ray took me, Cesar, and Isabel back to the old house in the moving van with all of our things.

"I still don't think it's safe for both of you to stay here." Ray said. "If someone wants me... or us, they'll find us wherever we are."

"You two need anything, you call me. Any time of day." Ray hugged me and my brother.

"Bye." I said softly. Isabel gave Cesar a tan and blue box. "As soon as we're done with school, we'll come see you and our niece. Can't wait to meet her and your family." Cesar grinned a little.

"They're your family now too." Cesar and Isabel hugged. She looked at me and hugged me separately. "You'll still be coming too, after school, right? The baby may need her titi plus we still have your things all packed." She told me.

I nodded. "Yeah, I'll be there." I promised. "One more thing." Isabel grabbed a black and silver urn and gave it to Cesar.

"Put him to rest, somewhere his daughter can visit."

"No... I can't do that."  She looked at me and by the look on my face, she could tell my answer was the same as Cesar. She sighed and held it to Cesar. "Why?"

"Because the only people your brother loved more than me, was you both."

| TIME SKIP |

Later at night, I knocked on the front door of Jamal's house and his mom opened it, looking like she was getting ready to leave out.

"Hey, baby! Jamal's in his room and me and Dwayne are about to go on a date... finallyyy. Actually we have something to ask you because we assume you and your brother are in this... drama." Fran told me. "Drama?"

"The whole Roller World... Gang everything business." She said, sounding frustrated just thinking of it. "Damn..." I slipped and she looked at me with a usual mom look. "Sorry... Dang, well since you know it all, you'd knoww that-"

"Don't lie to me."

"I wasn't bout to lie! Honestly, so much happened that, I thought at some point y'all knew and didn't say. Hey, but, I stuck it through with Jamal and Roller World when the others didn't."

Fran just laughed at me and shook her head. "I can't even lecture you. Goodness." She chuckled. "Y/n! Hey, honey." Dwayne grinned and hugged me. "Hey!"

"I'm assuming Fran asked you about the whole-"

"Yeah. I got it."

"Well, you guys are done with you know... all that, right?"

I nodded and grinned. "Good girl! Also, my condolences to you and Cesar. We heard about Oscar and... We are so sorry." Dwayne told me. "Thank you..."

"Jamal's in his room. No funny mess while we're out. We know him and we know you too."

"Oh goodness." I cover my face and laugh a little. "Seriously. We don't want no mini Jamal's or mini Y/n's running 'round here in the next 9 months."

"Oh god, you won't. Go have fun on y'all date, okay?"

They chuckled at my reaction and left out. I went to Jamal's room to see him with headphones on with his back turned.

Sneakily, I walked up behind him and tickle him on his back. He let out a kind of noise I have never heard come out of his mouth. I backed up quickly before cackling.

"Y/N, YOU DEMON!" He scolded and gathered himself. "Sorry, but it was tooo perfect." I wiped a tear from my eye. "It wasn't-" I interrupted Jamal with my laughter.

"Girl-...It wasn't that funny now." He crossed his arms. "Yes it waaas!"

He chuckled a little. "Are you- Are you crying?"