One Long Sleepover

She came back in the room and sat next to me. "So, the question?"

"Why are you taking this whole thing in normally?" Jasmine questioned. "What thing-"

"Boo, you got shot, your first boyfriend broke up with you, and your brother kicked you out all in a week and it's like recently you've acted liked nothing happened. I mean I'm proud of you for not totally breaking down but I feel like you might have some stuff on your chest you need to get out." Jasmine truthfully told me. 

I stayed silent to think of a response.

"Baby, you don't need to lie. I see through that." Jasmine spoke calmly. I looked down.

"Honestly... I've been trying to distract myself from it all but really i'm just scared, and sad, and angry. I don't want to remember any of that. I don't want to remember being able to prevent Latrelle AND his girlfriend from shooting Me, Ruby and Olivia. I don't want to remember the night Jamal broke up with me and I definitely don't want to be reminded about how Oscar put me and Cesar HIS OWN SIBLINGS out on the streets." I explained to Jasmine. 

"If I would've took the gun away from the girl and shot her and let Cesar shoot Latrelle none of this would've happened. This happened because of me and now, Olivia's dead, Ruby he's scarred and Cesar is just out."

Jasmine hugged me tightly and held my head. 

"No. This is not your fault at all baby. You and Cesar did the right thing. You not killing her didn't cause this. It's just Latrelle is a petty wannabe." Jasmine consoled.

"Jas, Latrelle was one of my best friends. Since we were little and either he or his girlfriend shot me. If I hadn't-" Jasmine shushed me.

 "You can't blame yourself for having trust in others. He gained your trust and betrayed you. That's on him. You never know who's real and who's a snake." She sat me up and looked at me.

"You don't look to pretty when you cry so please." She said making me laugh a little and wipe my eyes. 

"I know I look fucking disgusting but I know I don't look like Mons'." I chuckled a little and sniffed. "Yeeahhh, I don't know about Monse now but is there anything else you wanna talk about before you go to Jamal's?" Jasmine asked.

"How'd you-"

"I've been sitting on your phone and it's been vibrating. I can tell it's Jamal." Jasmine informed. 

"Get off my phone please and yeah, one last thing." 

She got up and handed me my phone. "What's up?" Jasmine sat back down.

"I've gotten my period twice this month." I told her.

Jasmine face tensed up. 

"Oh...  Did we run out of any thing?"

"Yeah and it's just... weird as shit."

"Definitely. Our body's are still developing though, maybe you're gonna get a new flow or something. Either that or you might be too stressed."

"Shii, I'mma have to get pregnant cause this shit's ridiculous."

"Oh I bet, Jamal would loveee that."

"I'M PLAYING!"

"Mhm, go get ready to go to Jamal's house."  She shooed me away. "It's not really anything. He told me Cesar's staying with him and-" I have got a another text from him. 

JAMAL

JAMAL
OMG CAN YOU STAY
OVER FOR THE WEEK?

I looked up from my phone to Jasmine and she snatched my phone from me. "Your staying over for that week. For him and your brother. I sent a yes." Jasmine said and gave me my phone back. 

"Now go get dressed before I kick you." She laughed. I giggled and looked for a sweater and sweatpants.

"Imma help you pack." Jasmine offered. "I have some clothes and stuff at his house already too so I don't need to pack. Thank you though." I told her. 

"You gon get out so I can get dressed?"

"Girl- We have the same parts. Hurry up." Jasmine rolled her eyes and laid down on her bed. I groaned and started changing. 

"Serving body goalss! I see you!" Jasmine teased making me laugh.

I laced up my shoes and grabbed my backpack. "See you later."

"Bye, have fun. Love you." Jasmine said and blew kisses. "Love you too! Be safe." I walked out. 

Once I got there I saw the garage open with Dwayne, Cesar and Jamal talking. "Hey guys." I said coming up to them.

Jamal looked at me and smiled. "Yay!" He squealed and hugged me swinging me around. 

I giggled as he put me down. "It's gonna be like a long term sleep over!" Jamal spoke with excitement. I laughed and nodded.

"Wait both of them are staying?" Dwayne asked. "Yeah. Well Y/n is for a week." Jamal explained. Dwayne nodded.

"Let's get inside. It's getting dark." We all followed him inside. I took a shower first after we ate and got changed.

I laid in the bed waiting for the boys so I could say good night. Jamal came in and laid in the bed while Cesar laid out a sleeping bag.

"Bro if we're gonna be living together, I'm pretty sure we can sleep in the same bed." Jamal stopped Cesar. "Oh lord." I muttered. 

I scooted over and so did Jamal. "Yeah, sure." Cesar hesitantly agreed and got in. "This feels fucking weir-" I muttered only to be shushed by Jamal. 

"Maybe I can finally get a good night sleep."

"Hopefully. Anyways good night." I said and turned around.

Jamal reached over me to get something and turned on some light. I looked back to see him with a whole ass book. 

"Oh my god." I muttered.

The week went on and I didn't wanna leave my brother with this wild sleeper so I stayed and things got weirder and weirder. 

One night Cesar and I caught him talking to a gnomie causing me to laugh as quietly as I could and Cesar slowly backed up and told me to be quiet.

"This is way weird." I whispered and slowly got back in the bed. 

Days and days went by and the valentines dance was coming up.