Make A Wish

It was daytime and Latrelle was walking from his girl's house. As he kept walking we walked him and then we were right behind him. He looked at me and smirked and put his hands up.

I took his gun and threw it. "On your knees." Cesar demanded. "I don't get on my knees for no Santo." Latrelle talked back.

"Do it!" Cesar grunted. "You think you're a man now? Show me. You got that strap, let's see your pussy ass use it."

Latrelle caught Cesar off guard and ran. "Shit!" I mumbled as Cesar ran after him. I grabbed the other gun and ran after the two.

They ran all the way into some ally. Both me and Cesar held the gun to him. "Shoot me bitch!" Latrelle yelled. Cesar's gun jammed and when I tried the gun jammed also.

"You got a whack ass gun. Fucking bitch!" I punched Latrelle.

He looked back up at me and smirked. Latrelle whistled causing more and more whistling to  buzz through the streets.

Cesar and I ran as more Prophets got onto us. We ran through houses and alleyways. Through the streets over gates.

We ran through a tunnel then gunshots.

| TIME SKIP |

Cesar and I have been laying low for some time. "You wanna talk to Oscar now?" Cesar asked me as we were near the house. I nodded. We walked over to see him fixing the car and he turned around with a gun pointed at us. 

Cesar and I pulled down our hoodies and held up our hands. "Get outta here." Oscar put his gun away. "I need protection. We need protection." Cesar told him. "You came to the wrong place." Oscar coldly responded. "We found Latrelle." Oscar looked at us. 

"We went to go finish the job." Cesar moved around. "And?" Oscar asked. "Our guns jammed." I spoke softly. "You're oh-for-two. Ain't gonna be number three. Go." Oscar continued cleaning his car. 

"Where! We have nowhere to go!"

"Not my problem." He shook his head. "Not your problem?"

"There's nothing I can do for you. It's not just about you anymore. Everyone you two cares about is in jeopardy if you stay, so leave and don't come back." Oscar demanded. Cesar took my hand and we started to walk away. He turned back around and walked over. 

I followed. "You know what Oscar. You should've handled this for us. You're not just our big brother. You're our big homie." Cesar took my hand again and pulled me with him. 

"Shut the hell up." Oscar came towards us. "You could've taken out Latrelle and gotten someone to take out his girl. But instead you sent me! You sent us to do it!" Cesar pushed Oscar. 

"Hey! Do you know what the hell you did? How badly you BOTH messed up? Hey!" Oscar grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him. "You both put me in an impossible situation with Cuchillos." He tightened his grip. 

"Oscar please." Cesar cried out. My eyes watered a little. Me and Cesar both hugged Oscar. "I don't know what to do." Cesar kept crying. "Hey, hey." Oscar took us off of him.

 "I love you mano and I love you hermana. But you are done." Oscar let us go and fixed up Cesar's hoodie and shirt. 

"Happy Birthday." 

| TIME SKIP |

Ruby, Cesar, Jamal, Monse and I were in a circle with a big flashlight in the middle in Monse's room. "What about your brother? Maybe he can help." Ruby suggested. "Oscar is done with us. For real for real." I told him. "Yeah. It's over." 

 "So, what now?" Monse asked. "We disappear. Leave for good. That's the only way to keep Latrelle away and keep us all safe." Cesar nodded. "But what if you go to the cops?" Jamal questioned and squeezed my hand lightly. "What would we tell them?"

"Exactly. That we both went to kill Latrelle and our guns jammed?" Cesar shook his head. "Good point." 

"But if you redact the kill and the gun parts then maybe-'' Jamal tried to make up a plan. "Our only options are to get the fuck out babe." I cut him off. "Take the RollerWorld money. All of it." Monse insisted. 

"The only reason we went after the money was to get you two out of the gang." Jamal added. "We both love you guys but we are only taking our share." Cesar looked at me for an agreement. I nodded. "Yeah. Do people good with the rest." I told them. "We'll wire you your share."

"You can't." Cesar replied. "What do you mean?" Monse asked. "We are starting for a new life. New name and all." 

Jamal put his head on my shoulder and intertwined our fingers. "Then how do we find you two?" 

"You can't. That's the point. No one can. That's the only way all of us can stay safe. Once I get somewhere, I'll email you to let you know we're safe but that's it." Cesar explained. Monse hesitantly nodded. "One more thing." 

"Anything." 

"We can't be on the street with that kind of cash. Bring our share to the bus station at 7:00." Cesar instructed. They nodded. "So this is it? Our last night together?" Ruby sighed. "Yeah." 

"And our last birthday." Jamal took out a twinkie with his other hand and passed it to Ruby. Ruby lit the candle in the twinkie and handed it to Cesar. I smiled a little. "Make a wish." Monse told him as he looked at it. 

Cesar blew out the candle.