Needing A Plan

"We need to move the money. ASAP!" I told them. "Yeah. We can't just be the keeper alone it's not safe." Jamal added as we both sat down. 

"Abuelita, I reserved the table for a two hour block. Did you not see my note on the fridge?" Ruby talked to Abuelita only to be ignored. "It's fine. She knows about the money." Jamal told him.

 "Okay, Well since we found the money, I've done copious research." Ruby informed. "That's good." I told Ruby. "This is why we three are best friends."

"You're best friends?" Monse asked.

 "Yeah, you guys get to make out, we get to be best friends. It's a trade off. Bestie Number uhhh 2 present." Jamal spoke. "Well you and N/n make out but that's not of our business." Cesar muttered and laughed.

I heard him though and kicked him from under the table. 

Ruby opened his notebook that said 'How to lose my virginity by 18' and it had 3 steps including "Cesar's Sloppy Seconds and/or my girl best friend, Get Swole, and Court older women."

"Ew!" Monse yelled. Me, Cesar, Jamal, and Abuelita started dying of laughter. "And no!" Monse told Ruby causing him to switch pages quickly.

"Okay team! We have 37 year old cash that we can't spend without raising eyebrows and we've all seen Breaking Bad. We need a cash business." Ruby ranted on.

Abuelita was counting money out loud causing me to start laughing.

"Abuelita please! We're trying to figure out how to clean the money!" Ruby whined. "Jamal, you're dad literally owns a business."

"No way, my dad's super particular about the books. It would never work but what if we started our own business? How's Ruben's Fancy Festivities coming along?" Jamal asked him. 

"At least three years away from launch, pending a Silicon Beach cash infusion." Ruby replied. "460 plus 260..." Abuelita spoke in Spanish. "720." Monse told Abuelita.

"Ah! I put down too much."

Ruby's phone started vibrating. 

"Hello?....Cool, gotta go.... I don't know, average." Ruby spoke on the phone then hung up. "Jamal measure my neck." Ruby told him.

"Okay, no. You need to give me your phone. This is not a joke. We're trying to move the money, and you're over here playing twiddly thumbs with Jazmaspaz! Just don't text her back!" Jamal scolded. "As if it were that easy! I have a moral obligation to reply." Ruby argued. 

"Or what! The universe is gonna strike you down?" Jamal asked. "Maybe!"

"Okay! This is it for the day! Now you all will go home and get some sleep because if it's like this tomorrow, I'm slicing heads. Y'all got me?" I finished. Jamal threw Ruby's phone back at him.

 "Short tempered, angel." Jamal muttered. "I'm out." I waved to them. I started walking back to Jasmine's house. 

"Y/n!" Cesar yelled, trying to catch up to me. I turned to him and grinned a little. "Yes?" I asked. "You okay? What's with you a Jamal?" Cesar asked.

"Nothing I'm fine." I told him. "I know you both love each other. Just tell me the truth. Are you back dating? I just don't want you hurt again."

"Thanks for the concern and we aren't dating." I answered. 

"Well if you need to talk to me about anythin-" Cesar started but I hugged him making him stop.

"Cesar, are you okay?" I asked him. "Yeah, I'm fine. Perfectly fine." He responded, hugging me tighter.

"You sure?" I asked. "Yeah, I promise." He kissed the top of my head.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I told him. "Bye Y/n."

Once I got to Jasmine's house I saw her sitting outside.

"Hey boo." She greeted joyfully. "Hey." I waved. "You okay?" She asked me as I walked in the house. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"You don't look okay." She followed me to her room. 

"What's wrong hun?" She asked me. I just laid on the bed and looked at her.

"I don't want to be over dramatic but me and Jamal really need to clean this money because I don't know if Cesar is truly safe." I explained.

 "Wait- Money? Did you rob-" Jasmine was about to ask until I stopped her. "No, Jamal found the RollerWorld money." I told her.

"Yeah, right... Well I don't think it's over dramatic for you to worry about your brother. If I were in your situation I'd be scared for him too. But Cesar's pretty strong. He'll make it out of this and make his way." Jasmine reassured

"I might talk to Spooky soon."

"What? What if you get hurt again?" Jasmine asked. "I won't if I go when no one else is around." I tried speaking into a plan. "No No No. That'll make it easier for him. If it's you and him alone what if he just snaps at you and hurts you with no witnesses."  

"He wouldn't do that." I replied. "But he would put you and Cesar out on the streets for someone else too. Think about it boo." Jasmine finished and walked away.

| TIME SKIP |

I got a facetime call late at night from none other than Jamal. "What the fuck?" I mumbled. "Turn it offff!" Jasmine groaned in her sleep. I reached over Jasmine to grab my phone and answer it before putting in earbuds to hear him already ranting about something.

"Yo!" I whispered. "Oh, Sorry. Hey Y/n." He said.

"Bro why the fuck are you calling me at this time?" I asked him. "Didn't I say go to sleep and rest fully." I interrogated and sat up.

"I'm sorry but it's important. I think me and you have eyes on us for real for real."

"Well let the eyes be on me. I'm trying to sle-'' When I turned to the window I saw a gnomie.

"Y/n! Y/n are you okay! Where's your face!" Jamal yelled through the phone. "Goddamn it!" I muttered and hid under my covers.

"Yeah, you're right. There's a fucking gnomie outside of the window."

"OH NO!" He screamed. "What!" I looked at the screen to see him under his covers also.

"I don't want them to get us!" I sighed and chuckled a little. 

"They won't get us."