The Aftermaths

"Can we talk about what happened? We were gonna kill somebody." Monse spoke softly as we were gathered in her room eating fast food. Some couldn't eat but Cesar and I were chowing down.

I wanted to throw up all the food but I also hadn't been able to eat anything other than small snacks and candy bars for the past few days.

"I'm gonna go home."

"Me too." Jamal and Ruby dismissed themselves.

"Uh- So I'm not a third wheel, I'm gonna go with Jamal." I got up and took some more food before leaving.

"Hey, J..." I said softly as he was still a little struck.

"Yeah." I took my hoodie off and sighed. "I'm staying here for tonight... Just so you know."

I fixed my tank top as he still seemed off.

He looked at me and held his arms out as he stayed sitting on the edge of the bed.

"A hugg? How kind." I giggled and hopped over to hug him.

His arms wrapped around my waist securely and he stayed silent.

"I think Abuelita was right. I need to be in love to have sex." I snorted and cupped his face. "Me too. I dunno tho, you talkin' bout me or Kendra when it comes to this." Jamal scoffed and laughed.

"You! Duh! You're the-"

"Jamal. No. If you say something corny, I swear to god." He smirked.

"You're theee filling to my pie because, without you, I'm empty."

"So you're saying you want ME in you?"

"NOT LIKE THAT! I MEANT-"

"Nah, Nah! Come on. Turn around." Jamal squealed as we both fell backward onto the bed.

"Looks like I'm on top."

"Stop it! You're crushing me!" We both laughed and I kissed him quickly.

"Call Abuelita and tell her the sad... sad news. I'm gonna call Cesar."

I hopped from him and took my phone from the pockets of my sweatpants.

I went to the bathroom and waited for Cesar to pick up. It went straight to voicemail.

"Cesar. I want you to know, I'm here. I feel as though the way your attitude was when it came to 19th Street was reckless. It seemed as if you were like... practicing almost. So quick but again terribly coordinated. I dunno where I'm going with this but I'm scared. That you might...  Never mind. I'm overthinking this. Have a good night, I love you." I left the message and sighed.

"Please prove me wrong, Cesar."

| TIME SKIP |

"You know those girls probably all have doo-doo outfits. You probably all have to share the same doo-doo outfits."

"No, we don't have uniforms."

"Oh, no, so you're on your own? Care packages from me and Y/n forthcoming okay? I'm gonna send you clothes. I'm gonna bling out your thing." Jasmine's face scrunched slightly.

"Yeah, we got you, Mons." I sniffled. "Don't cry," Monse said softly.

"Girl, why'd you have to call it out? Goddamn, it's coming." Me and Jasmine cried a little.

I went to hug Monse as Jasmine didn't. "Oh, and just so you know, since you're gonna be with all girls, scissoring isn't really a thing."

"But if it is, send pictures."

"On the group chat."

"Yeah, I'd like to see too," I muttered. Jamal brought up a bag.

"It's an East Coast hoity-toity girl-school go bag." Jamal gave her a peach-colored bag.

"That's so cute." I looked at it as Monse held my waist too. They named the things it had in it.

"This didn't fit in the bag but it was made with a lot of love." Jasmine handed her a picture frame with her face around it. The picture was of me, Cesar, Ruby, Monse, and Jamal.

"Awww, we were little babies." I cooed and started crying again.

"There's one thing also that didn't make the bag."

"Ugh, excuse me." I left before I got in the middle of Cesar and Monse's kiss.

"Y'all goin' at it." I commented just before they went to hugging.

The rest of us hugged, squeezing in the middle. "I love you guys." Monse said as she got in the car. "I love you too!" We said in unison.

"Hey, be good to each other. If you fight, think of me, in your face, gluing the crew back together. Promise me nothing's gonna change."

"Nothing's gonna change." We promised. "Unless I gotta strangle Cesar out of being a dumbass." I whispered loudly causing everyone to laugh.

We all waved and watched her drive off.

"Please, nothing change unless it's for the good."