Dad's Back

"So when'd you get out?" Cesar asked. I was scared to say anything and Oscar was just glaring. "Yesterday." Our dad, Ray answered.

"Yo, you good?" I looked at Oscar. Oscar didn't look at me but he nodded slightly. "How was the trip down?" Cesar interrogated. "Long... Looks the same. Even smells the same." Ray sat down and looked at me. I couldn't even believe he was who he was.

"You two in school?" Ray asked. "Of course they are." Oscar answered. "How about you? Going to college?" Ray turned to Oscar. "Seriously?"

"It's nice seeing you." Cesar interrupted, making sure nothing bad was gonna happen. Cesar held my hand slightly. I think he could tell I was scared a little. It wasn't hard too not realize.

"Do you have any plans?" Cesar questioned. "No, I wanted to see you guys before heading up to Bakersfield. Got a job lined up." Ray spoke.

"Cesar, Y/n, you need to get to school." Oscar told us. "I need to get dressed first tho." I turned to him. "Well hurry up." Oscar said. "I will, smart ass." I got up and walked to my room. "Cesar can you wait for me?" I asked before I closed my door.

"Yeah, I will." Cesar assured. "Thank you." I closed my door and went through some clothes.

^^^Your outfit (You can change it if you want)

I put on a necklace and earrings and sprayed perfume on myself. I went out of my room and saw Oscar and Ray staring at each other.

I grabbed my bookbag from my door.

"Bye." I said quietly to Ray as I dapped Oscar up. "Bye." Ray said as I walked out.

| TIME SKIP |

Me and Jamal were walking and he was rambling on about how he was the leader and all. "There they go." I pointed to Ruby, Monse and Jamal. "Girl what the hell are you wearing?" I asked Monse and laughed a little.

I got a call from Oscar. "Sorry... I'll be back." I walked off. "Hello?" I answered. "You good, mi sol?" Oscar asked. "Uhh yeah. I wouldn't I be?" I questioned.

"I don't know. You were acting weird earlier." Oscar said. "That's because I think it's weird Ray came out of nowhere." I admitted. "Well, I don't think he'll be here long. I just wanted to know if you were okay or not. Bye." Oscar hung up.

I was walking back to the group and heard Jamal ranting on something. Cesar came over with me. "Hey. What's going on?" Cesar asked.

"Or we can bring Cesar and Y/n over after school to apologize for stealing his car." Jasmine said. "We gotta take a rain check." Cesar told them. "A rain check? You don't get a rain check if nobody else is rain checking." Monse sassed.

"Our dad came back today." I informed her. "And, we're hanging with him." Cesar added. "Bye." Cesar started to walk away. "Uh, yeah peace." I awkwardly put up a peace sign and caught up to Cesar.

| TIME SKIP |

Cesar, Ray and I were at Dwayne's Joint and Cesar went to get food. "You're all grown up. It's crazy." Ray laughed a little. "Yeah. It is." I replied.

Cesar came with a tray of food. I scooted over for him to sit down. "Life's all about choices, Right?" Ray started taking the onions from his burgers making me and Cesar laugh a little.

"You don't like onions either, huh?" I raised an eyebrow. Ray shook his head and started eating. Cesar was just watching him while I stared out the window. Ray cleared his throat and grabbed a napkin.

"I'm being rude."

Cesar and I looked at him. "Thank you." Ray told Cesar. "No, it's okay. I can get you some more if you want, too." Cesar insisted. "Is that okay?" Ray questioned.