Tricky Ricky

"Grab the glasses. Snap the photo. What am I doing?" Jamal panicked. "Yes, Swags. Getting pumped." Ainsley complimented. I laughed at how clueless she obviously was.

"All right everyone last looks on Ainsley and Father Goose." The director announced. "And Swaggy J and Lil Pinky." Jamal added. "Who is Swaggy J and Lil Pinky?" The director asked and walked off.

"Time to look pretty." I got up and fixed my clothing. "Let's slay this shit. Wooo! Red Bull gives you wings. Just kidding it's the coke. Do you have any Adderall?" Ainsley walked off.

"That is one badass little girl," I muttered. "Sis said the coke." I covered my mouth and went to the set. "Okay, and we're rolling. Action!"

The song started and we all had to get up and dance and I think I was killing it. I have no idea what the others were doing though. Jamal was going in for the picture while Jasmine and Ruby were making out.

"Hold! Hold! Hold! Nobody move. Too much kissing!" The director yelled out causing Ruby and Jasmine to stop. "That's gross." I laughed.

"Vivian! Line check! How do you say that lyric? Is it al messo De Niro?" Father Goose asked. "Oh shit. He doesn't know Spanish." I gasped as his assistant corrected him. "Hold up. You don't know Spanish?" Jamal asked Father Goose.

"No, now get outta my frame."

"Still rolling! Playback, action!" The director said. We all went back to dancing. "Hold on! Cut! Cut! It's not him!" Jamal yelled, catching everyone's attention. We all ran outside of the set. "What the hell just happened?" Ruby asked.

"He doesn't speak Spanish is what just happened."

"So you noticed too!" I said and then tried to catch my breath. "Yeah. There's no way he's Lil' Ricky. We went on a wild Father Goose chase for nothing and it's all my fault."

"That's not true. It's on all of us." Monse consoled. "If I had found that money we wouldn't be here in the first place. All this time I thought it was you guys who overlooked me, but I do it to myself. People don't want to see people who want to be seen. I could be knee-deep in some cooch right now and now Cuchillos is going to be knife-deep in me." Jamal stressed.

"Hey, we're gonna find Lil' Ricky. No one's better at hide and seek than you are." Ruby told him. "This isn't a game. There were no stakes to not finding the RollerWorld money. No one actually cared. Sorry, Cesar."

"It's cool."

"No, it's not. We're out of leads. We've been down every road we could possibly go down. And we failed. I'm not a leader. I'm a loser." Jamal sighed. "Hey. A good leader never loses sight of the mission but a great leader is able to recognize when he's failed." Jasmine offered him her costume for him to wipe his nose which he did.

I walked over and put my hand on his face. "Idiot, you're gonna make me cry. Listen, babe, we'll find him or maybe he'll find us, but trust me we got this. I promise you." I told him, causing him to smile a little and hug me.

"Yeah, we might have hit a dead end but we'll figure it out together." Monse reassured. "I'll get us a Lyft. Oh shit, our phones are still inside." Ruby realized.

"I'll go get your phones and your clothes. It's the least I can do. Plus I really have to pee after all those drinks." Jamal offered. "You go pee, I'll go get the things. I might steal more snacks while I'm at cause they were banging." I said and held his hand. He was walking extra slow.

"Come on! For a dude who has to pee you sure are walking as slow as you can." I complained. "I'm still so confused." Jamal said. "Well, one suspect down more to go," I continued to pull his arm for him to hurry up. "Right?" I asked and looked at him.

Jamal took a deep breath and nodded. "Right." He smiled a little. "There we go! Now, come on let's hurry." We ran onto the set again. I went to the side tables where the deserts were and took a bunch along and put them in the ziplock bags that were under the table luckily.

Once I finished that, everyone was still on break and I had to ask where the clothes and phones were. Jamal came out of the bathroom as I was heading his way and had a look on his face as if he uncovered the biggest mystery of all time.

"Rose cheated on Frankie with Lil Ricky." Jamal told me as we started walking back outside. "Oh damn, for real?"

| TIME SKIP |

Jamal was pounding on Rose's door. "Rose, we need to talk!" Jamal yelled as the woman came to her front door. "Go! You don't want me calling the cops on you in this hood. I have no problem being a Front Porch Patty!" Rose threatened. "Front Porch Patty?" I asked.

"Did Frankie know you were cheating on him with Ricky? Who else knows? Did your best friend Stacey aka Cuchillos know?" Jamal pettily interrogated and pointed to their pictures in an old yearbook. Rose opened her door. "Get in here!" She waved us on.

"Mm-hmm." Jamal hummed. "Mm-hmm, get in here! Come on!" We all entered her home. We all went to the kitchen and sat down. "Just help us find Lil Ricky and I'll stop badgering you, please." Jamal tried to persuade.

"Baby, you can't find nobody that don't want to be found, here? You think a woman that owns everyone, even the police can't find him, and y'all can?" Rose questioned. I shrugged a little.

"It's amazing y'all solved RollerWorld but this is different. I'm sorry, baby, but you dug up more than just that money." Rose stated. "But Cuchillos loves him. She just wants to reconnect." Jasmine added.

"Reconnect? She wants to kill him. Why in the hell you think he skipped town in the first place. Listen," Rose put her wine glass down. "Ricky and I had something special. We loved each other and we wanted to make it right with Stacey and Frankie but it just didn't work out that way. Found ourselves in a tricky spot-"

"Speaking of  'Tricky Ricky'. Your song. I couldn't find it online."

"It's not online, or offline. It was never released."

"Mmm, that bad huh?" Jamal said. "Please. Everyone said that song would have made my career, but if it got out and Stacey heard it, she would have killed us both."

"Over a song?" Monse asked. "Over anything! Stacey? Bless her psychotic heart, the lights are on but ain't nobody been home in a long time. Mmm...Y'all wanna hear it?" Rose looked at us. I nodded and smiled.

"Oh and just remember this. You can't trust Stacey. She'll do anything she wants just because she can. Mm-hm." Rose walked off. "Because she can? We're loose ends. We're disposable." Jamal said. "What are you saying?"

"No matter what we do. We're dead. He's dead. She'll kill him and us." I bluntly responded to Monse. "Damn it." I sighed and got up. "Oh my god. She's gonna kill us." Jasmine shook her head.

"Unless, we kill her first," Cesar suggested. Rose turned on the song. I got a phone call. "I gotta take this." I excused myself and walked outside. "Hello?" I answered. "I have a meeting with Cuchillos tomorrow morning. Where are you?" Oscar asked.

"Okay. I'm with everyone right now. We're still in Brentwood." I replied. "Still?"

"Yeah, talk to you later. Bye." I hung up quickly. I took a deep breath, trying not to panic. I stayed outside until everyone came out and was finished with the song.

"Bye, Thank you, Rose!" I yelled and waved. I can't even lie, I was really grateful for that lady.