Karma or Not

It was the end of the day and everyone but Monse were at Ruby's house. Monse was meeting with her mom so I excused her. 

"Okay, here's the money you keep it here." Jamal told Ruby dropping the bag on the table.

"Noo, I'm not cool with this! Why can't the money stay with you?" Ruby complained. "Becausee it's your turn." Jamal argued. Ruby looked at Me and Cesar.

"I'm just the bagman." Cesar cleared. "I'm the protection." I added. "Where's Monse?" Jamal asked. "She has other shit to do." I answeres.

"If she doesn't vote how can we make decisions?" Jamal whined. 

Ruby played an audio. "I designate Ruby as my proxy." The audio clip of Monse said. Jamal smacked his lips.

"I'll allow it." Jamal gave in. "Okay, so, does anyone have any ideas?"

"Right here!" Both me and Jamal answered

"Uh no, you might be pregnant! That would be too much stress." Jamal teased. "Wait what? Jamal!" Cesar looked at both of us.

"No, I'm not!" I scolded. "Jamal you say that shit one more time and I will choke you to death." I threatened. Jamal nervously laughed and nodded. 

"Okay, uhm. So I think we should draw up a fake business plan for an Owl cafe. Owl Pacino's Cappuccinos. Get investors to front us the start-up money, then using that money make our business look even more legitimate and attract even more investors..." Jamal tried to plan out horribly. 

"Jamal, it's a bad idea." A Monse audio clip said. "How am I supposed to debate with her if she's not even here?" Jamal complained. "There's no debate. It's a bad idea." Abuelita said out of nowhere. "And the Ponzi scheme."

"Wee know." Jamal spoke. "Actually, sounds like you don't. What you need is a cash business so you can take your old bills which you can't use and turn them into new bills which you can." Abuelita explained. "Well, everyone in favor of using Abuelita's cash business to turn our old bills into new bills say aye."

All four of us raised our hands. 

"Nooo, noo. I mean, yes it could work. Maybe." Abuelita said. We all went and sat on the couch. "But it's going to take some time and I get a little something on top of my 20% share of the money right?" Abuelita asked.

"What! How can you make this about money? We're family!" Ruby pouted. "And you should never do business with family. Which is why I shouldn't even be thinking about helping you." Abuelita tricked. 

"Well 20% is out of the question. We're already splitting the money four ways."

I looked at Ruby and Jamal. "Four ways? Insult upon insult. You want to cut me and her out. And you! These pendejos didn't even believe in you except for Y/n. They called you pathetic." Abuelita talked on. 

"I never said that!" Ruby said to Jamal, holding his hands up in surrender. "But you thought it and that's worse." I sat on the other loveseat. There was a small knock on the door and Ruby went to get it. 

It was Jasmine. "Heyy." Jasmine grinned with a bag of chips. "What?" Ruby groaned.

"Flamin' Hot Cheetos with chili, extra lime from Raul's truck." Jasmine excitedly told him. "Raul's retired."

"I know, it took three hours, round trip."

"Well, it's not long enough!" Ruby snatched the chips. 

"You just don't get it, do you? Well let's see if you get this!" Ruby yelled and slammed the door. He opened it again.

"You forgot the Chamoy." He told her. She took it from her pocket.

"I didn't want it to get soggy." She told him as he snatched the bag away and slammed the door. 

Everyone looked at him. I gave him a death glare and I wanted to punch him.

"What?" He asked obliviously. "You know all that work you're doing to get right with the universe? Well that just undid it." Jamal told him.

"No! That was just one misstep. That's not how karma works." Ruby tried to excuse. "Nahh, see that's exactly how it works. Ruby you need to clean up your attitude dude karma or no karma that was wrong. I'm out." 

I went across to Jasmine's house and she was getting her dad outside. I smiled and walked over.

"Hey boo. You okay?"

She nodded. "Yeah i'm fine. Can you help me though? I want to entertain him, like usual." Jasmine told me. 

I watched as Jasmine danced around to entertain her dad. All of a sudden she stopped and turned around. 

"What's up, Peeper!" Jasmine said, causing me to turn around to see Ruby. "You weren't answering your front door." Ruby started walking over.

"Because I'm in the middle of a show." Jasmine pointed out to me and her dad. I looked at Ruby and then looked at Jasmine as they came over. 

"Mr. Flores, Hi! I'm your neighbor Ruby Martinez." Ruby introduced holding his hand out. "Is he mad at me or high?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why are you whispering?" Jasmine whispered back. I laughed a little. "Because he's right there." Ruby whispered more. 

"Not really." Jasmine whispered again. "Hey, Papi, you're looking a little red." Jasmine commented and grabbed sunscreen. "Hey guys, I'm gonna give you two your space."

"I'll see you later." Ruby said to me. I nodded. "Yeah, shorty." I told him and looked at Jasmine. "Call me if you need to get out of a conversation." I fake whispered to Jasmine and laughed. She giggled. "Gooo!" Jasmine shooed playfully. 

"Okayy!" I responded and went to the room.   

JAMAL

JAMAL
OKAY SO ABUELITA'S IN

JAMAL
AND CESAR'S STAYING WITH ME 

JAMAL
COME TO MY HOUSE LATER

JAMAL
Y/N ANSWERRRR

JAMAL
IT'S IMPORTANTTTT

JAMAL
PLEASEEEEEEE

ME
Omg! Okay! 

ME
Text me when I should come over.

After a few minutes Jasmine came inside with her dad. "How'd it go?"

"Good but uh I have a serious question, I'll tell you when he's situated." Jasmine told me.