57.

Juli walked out in a daze from Dumbledore's office and bumped into Sirius.

"Can you watch where you're going?" Sirius chuckled.

It reminded her of the day when she had collided into Sirius after coming back from Hogsmeade. She had said the exact same thing and then had proceeded to kiss him after shouting at him. Sirius remembered that. In that second, everything her and Sirius had been through flashed through her mind. Before she knew it, she was crying. The only thing she could think of was why she kept crying all the time.

Sirius looked alarmed seeing her burst into tears all of a sudden. "Hey, what's going on? What happened in there?"

She couldn't bring herself to say anything so she threw her arms around his neck and wept into his shoulder. She felt safe and happy around him. How would she ever let him go? That thought made her sob harder.

Sirius' heart broke with each sob but he held her close and rubbed her hair soothingly.

"Shh...It's okay. Nothing is going to happen. Everything is fine." 

He grabbed his shirt in her fist and continued to cry. The thought of losing everyone was too much for her. She couldn't help it.

When she finally stopped, Sirius wiped her tears and kissed her head. "I am here. Was it Mulciber?"

She nodded into his chest.

"I won't let him near you, Juliette. I promise. Are you doing okay?"

"I am fine." She lied.

"You can tell me."

"I know." She sighed and pulled away. 

"Let's raid the kitchen for desserts?" He suggested.

"As if you even have to ask." She managed a small smile and linking her hand with his, dashed towards the kitchen.

* * * * *

Taking a deep breath, Juli took a decision and started writing before she could back out.

"Dear Mum & Dad,
How are you?
I miss you so much. James does too. Him and Lily are finally friends! Can you believe it? There is also something else but he would want to tell you that himself.
We can't wait to be home for Christmas and it will be so much better with Sirius! 
But there is something I want to talk to you about. Afraid can't do it in a letter. It will have to wait but you are the wisest people I know so it will be worth it. 

Love,
Juli"

She rolled the parchment and attached it to her owl's leg, gently ruffling her feathers affectionately. The owl hooted softly and few out the window.

She turned around and saw Sirius sleeping peacefully. The boys' dorm was empty except for Sirius who had spent the night taking care of her after her melt down and she wanted to stay with him.

Of course it had taken a lot of time for Juli to convince James to leave them alone in the dorm and to let her use his owl. This had led to an argument in the common room much to everyone's amusement because it's my owl you can't use it and it was a present for both of us for Merlin's sake!

She was lost in thought when Sirius began twitching and turning in his sleep. She instantly made her way to him and tried to hold him.

"No... no stay away from her. Stay...stay away."

"Sirius," She said, shaking him. "Sirius... hey it is okay... you are at Hogwarts..."

He woke up with a start and a pool of tears in his eyes, looking around confused.

Juli gently caressed his cheek. "You're okay and safe. Nothing to worry about."

He looked at her and sighed sadly, almost guiltily. "There is something I haven't told you." He said, sitting back.

She looked at him kindly, waiting for him to tell her. Her eyes widened when he bent to the side and pulled out a letter from under his mattress. "I didn't want to worry you." He explained.

Her eyes saddened and her teeth gritted in anger when she read the words on that page... Mudblood friends... Disgraced Black...Your brother... Coming for them... Dark Lord...

"Walburga still writes to you?" She asked in disbelief. "How could I not be worried about this?"

He nodded grimly. "After she blasted me off the tapestry, I thought the letters would stop but..."

She blinked back her tears at the cruelty of this woman. She had to be strong for Sirius. He had always been strong but whenever alone or with his friends, the barrier would often break down. This was one of those moments.

She put the parchment on the floor and pointing her wand at it, muttered, "Incendio."

"There." She smiled. "Doesn't matter. You are the exact opposite of disgrace, Sirius, and there is not a thing I would change about you."

He smiled back with teary eyes and sniffled. 

Juli moved towards him and wrapped her arms around him as he closed his eyes, breathing in her fragrance. "You should get some more sleep." She said, brushing his hair from his face. He slightly nodded and lied down, with his head now on her stomach.

She liked this. Her taking care of Sirius for a change. She ran her hand through his hair, an action which soothed both of them. Who knew how long she had with him and wanted to make the  best of it. 

She shook those thoughts out of her head and focused on the present. Sirius sleeping peacefully and his deep breaths which calmed her down. She took in his featured and smiled to herself, considering herself to be the luckiest girl alive.

"Juliette?" He muttered. 

"Yes?" She asked softly.

"I love you so much and I don't know what I would do without you. Please don't ever leave me."

His tone almost made her cry again. Only if she could tell him what she was about to do but she couldn't. So she did the one thing she could think of. She pressed a long kiss to his forehead. "Never."