41.

Girlfriend...

Juli repeated the word over and over in her head. It was like her world came crashing down. She wasn't even supposed to feel this way, was she? Sirius was not with her, he was with Emily.

She forced herself to meet eyes with Sirius, hoping to see some part of the sadness she felt. But all she saw was glee. As if he couldn't be happier.

Lily somehow managed to recover from the shock and asked, "Are you sure you know what girlfriend means? Only one girl."

He laughed, "Of course I do... and BELIEVE ME, I have eyes only for Emily."

Juli felt her eyes fill with tears. "I think I am gonna be sick." She said and dashed out the portrait hole.

James glared at Sirius before going after her. The portrait door had barely swung close before he stepped out.

Juli hadn't gone too far and was standing a few feet from the portrait, leaning against the wall for support. It was not jealousy bubbling up in her, it was hurt. And anger. Why was she even crying?

"Jules?" She heard James ask as he reached her, gazing into the same brown eyes as his.

"It wasn't supposed to be like this. I wanted you and Sirius both with me." In that moment of vulnerability, she somehow found the courage to tell James what had been on her mind since James saw them on the Astronomy Tower. "I was so glad when you talked to me again, but it shouldn't be my break up with Sirius which made you do that." She sobbed. "As much as I hate to admit it, I blame you, my own brother, for it. Why did you not like us together?" Tears were flowing down freely.

James was filled with guilt and puller her into him, letting her cry into his chest. "I promise I will help you get back with Padfoot." He whispered his promise.

* * * * *

The next day, Juli did her best to remain normal with Sirius, ignoring all the questions from her friends about last night. She focused solely on her breakfast and talking to Remus, ignoring the sickening feeling in her mind. That was, until they heard a high pitched giggling. Everyone but Sirius mentally cursed and tried to look away as Emily joined them. She instantly turned Sirius' face towards her and kissed him.

Juli gasped inaudibly and felt Dorcas' hand on hers reassuringly.

"What's that smell?" James asked.

Juli then inhaled deeply and found herself surrounded by a strong fragrance. She looked at Emily in accusation.

"That's just my new rose perfume." Emily said. "Do you like it, Sirius?"

"Love it. Just like I love you." He replied and kissed her again.

His friends looked at each other in confusion, trying to ensure that they all had heard the same thing.

"Time for class." Lily stood up in disgust and grabbed Juli's hand, walking towards potions' class.

Everyone soon followed, not wanting to see Sirius' tongue down someone's throat.

* * * * *

"Now this," Professor Slughorn started, "Is Amortentia. Can anyone elaborate on why it is so special?"

Lily's and Juli's hand raised into the air along with a few others. But to everyone's surprise, James had raised his hand, too.

Slughorn looked shocked at the change, "Very well. Mr. Potter?"

He grinned widely at Lily and started, "Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in the world. It is distinctive for its mother-of-pearl sheen, and steam rises from the potion in spirals. Amortentia smells different to each person, according to what attracts them."

"Perfect, Mr. Potter. 10 points to Gryffindor. On that note, what do you smell?" He asked.

"Obviously Lily." Sirius whispered to Remus and they laughed.

James leant a bit towards the cauldron in front of him, "Broomstick...and Evans, of course." He said and strutted back to his seat.

Sirius couldn't manage to keep his laughter quiet and laughed in a bark-like sound, driving Slughorn's attention to him.

"What is it that you smell, Mr. Black?" He asked him.

Sirius cleared his throat and inhaled deeply, "Emily's rose perfume, of course." He winked at her and settled back on his seat.

Juli felt like her world was spinning again. She wanted to stop breathing in Amortentia because all she could smell was her dorm, Remus' and James' jumpers and Sirius' stupid leather jacket. She wanted to go back to her dorm and couldn't concentrate for the rest of her lecture.

* * * * *

It had been a week since school started and Juli had successfully managed to avoid Sirius and Emily. She was constantly assured by James that he would find a solution to this.

Sirius waltzed into the common room that evening, with Emily and drunk on happiness. He smiled dreamily at his friends and sat down beside James, while Emily went to her dorm, but not before kissing him.

"What are you on about?" Remus asked, annoyed at his behaviour.

"We finally went for butterbeer." He chuckled. "She is so gorgeous, Moony. All she wants is snogging, not like I care... But Merlin, I love her."

Lily shot Sirius a glare. "Okay! That's it." She snapped. She got up and grabbed Sirius' hand, dragging him outside. "We need to talk."