53.

It took a few moments for James to register what Juli was trying to ask and her question struck him light a bolt of lightening. He had not even thought about what she was risking while trying to protect him.

His mind began racing at 100 miles an hour. Sirius was his best mate and they were closer than real brothers. He was practically a part of his family and he could fight the world if he had Sirius by his side. And Lily... Lily was finally friends with him. They laughed and joked around and even studied together, for Merlin's sake.

He looked up to meet Juli's expecting eyes and instantly looked away. "I -- I don't know, Jules. I don't even know what or how to think."

She nodded slowly. "Well, I am going to take a walk. We still have 2 more hours before curfew. See you." She said and walked.

"Very nice, Prongs," Sirius said. "But I think you should have taken longer to answer."

"It was sudden, okay! I was not prepared and I had not even thought about it!"

Sirius shook his head and comfortingly put his hand on James' shoulder. "Then think about it, mate. I am going to go look for her."

"I'll come, too."

James and Sirius were walking out the great hall when they heard shouting noises. They turned to follow the noise and saw Juli arguing with a few Slytherins, including Regulus.

They took out their wands and moved closer to the group.

"... was trying to talk to my friend. What do you want?!" Juli exclaimed.

"Well, Ms. Potter," It was Macnair who said her name with spite. "You don't have any bussiness talking to us or him. Move along before we make you."

"Are you deaf? I said he's my friend!"

"Look who's here." His eyes darted behind Juli.

She turned around and saw James and Sirius standing. She raised her hand and asked them to stop before facing Regulus again.

"Now will you come with me or not? I said I want to talk." She said.

"Tut tut," Macnair said. "Got bored with the disgraced Black already? We can entertain you very nicely."

Behind her, James and Sirius gritted their teeth, waiting for any signal that Juli wanted them to step in. To their disappointed, she showed her hand again and asked them to stay.

Her lips almost quivered at his words but she instantly drew out her wand. "When I say I want to talk, you mind your own business. Understood?"

Macnair moved closer to her. "He has nothing to talk about. Tell her, Black."

Regulus had been simply standing their silently, not saying even a single word.

Juli looked at him, her eyes suddenly softening.

"He's right." He said, looking at Juli with a cold gaze. "I have nothing to talk about with a blood traitor. I thought you would have some respect for your ancestors and blood purity but no. Although it seems fair, doesn't it? My blood traitor of a brother dating another blood  - "

Regulus suddenly stopped speaking when he realized that James had punched Macnair and Sirius had his wand on his neck.

"One. More. Word. Regulus. I dare you."

He smirked and backed away, pulling Mulciber and the others back with him.

"You see, Miss Potter," Macnair said once they were at a safe distance. "I would love to have revenge for what your brother did but I am afraid Mulciber has called dibbs." He smiled maliciously and walked away with his friends.

The moment they were out of eyesight, Juli fell to her knees, a sob escaping her lips. James and Sirius knelt down beside her, engulfing her into a hug.

It was that moment that Marlene chose to appear with Dorcas and Lily, with Peter and Remus right behind them.

She had one look at them and shouted, "Group hug!!!" She ran towards the 3 and threw their arms around her.

Dorcas and Remus looked at each other and with a silent agreement, raced to reach the small group hug, crashing into the 4 people on the floor.

"Ow, ow, you're on my neck."

Lily giggled and pulling Peter with him, joined the hug.

"You're tugging on my awesome hair! It hurts! Ouch!"

"Shut up, Black!"

After a few moments, McGonagall came across a group of 8 people giggling and laughing loudly on the floor, with their arms tangled around each other.

"Oh, Merlin," She sighed, giving a tight lipped smile. "Let them always be this way."

They pulled away shortly after Sirius pulled Juli closer to him and kissed her.

"That's gross." James said, getting up.

He was suddenly hit on the head by Dorcas who looked at them dreamily.

"Thank you, Dorcas." Sirius said. "And James, mate, everyone knows you're jealous because your sister gets to kiss me and you don't. Come here." He opened his arms as Jame gave him a horrified look.

"No, no, Padfoot, stay away!" He exclaimed, running away with Sirius behind him laughing loudly.

Juli watched her boyfriend chasing her brother and felt a sense of peace and calmness. The one which she got only from her friend. Her friends and Hogwarts.