70.

It didn't take long for Juli to get used to this routine. She would spend the day with her new 'friends' and sometimes wrote to Dumbledore, keeping him updated.

This resulted in her previous friends drifting apart and James loathing her even more. She knew how James felt towards her and she kept her distance from him, not wanting to create a scene.

By now, everyone knew that the infamous Potters were not talking

Her nights were lonely but Sirius would sometimes sneak into her dorm and stayed with her until dawn.

This was of course very dangerous but he had said that she was worth it and she was glad to have someone to rely upon.

As the twins' birthday approached, Dumbledore made her occulumency lessons harder. Juli had realized that she couldn't block her mind if she was too emotional or overwhelmed. This was a matter of pressing concern but she knew she would do better over time. Or she hoped.

Avery, thank fully, had kept her hands off of her but Mulciber's name was thrown around a lot and she had to pretend to be okay with that.

Juli knew that Regulus knew how uncomfortable she was but she didn't show it. She couldn't. He was not supposed to be a mere pawn in this game of hers. She wanted to keep him out of it and away from the Dark Lord.

On the morning of 27th, she was lying absolutely still on her bed, waiting for it to pass away. She was turning 17 and never in her wildest dreams she wanted to celebrate it alone. Under normal circumstances, there would have been a party in the common room and they would be singing at the top of their lungs.

Not this time.

There was no celebration. No noises were heard from the boys' dormitory. It was eerily silent.

Juli heard someone lightly hitting the door and woke up with a groan.

"Hey, Padfoot." She greeted, letting the black dog in.

"Happy birthday, Love." Sirius said as he turned back into him and pulled her into a hug.

"Thank you." She smiled. "Won't the others wonder where you are?"

"We have until after lunch." He told her.

He was warm and smelled like dog fur and... grass?

"Were you actually rolling around in grass?" She giggled into his chest.

He laughed softly and she could feel it in his chest. "It was full moon. Moony is in the Hospital Wing and no one will be up till the evening."

"Oh thank Merlin." She sighed and dragged him to her bed. "Because I. Am. Sleepy."

* * * * *

Juli could never get enough of waking up to next Sirius. It made her forget all about Voldemort for a few moments.

She wanted to do it everyday for the rest of her life and she would. Once the war was over. For now, she had to help Dumbledore win the war. 

She placed a small kiss on Sirius' head and got to her feet. Her ring sparkled on her finger beautifully and she adored it. It was a constant reminder that Sirius and her wanted same things from the future.

She was lost in her thoughts again when she heard an owl tapping it's beak against the window.

"Make it stop." Sirius groaned, making Juli chuckle.

When she opened the window, she realized there were two owls who flew away as soon as she untied the letter.

One owl was from her parents' and had a package but the other however, she didn't recognize.

Keeping the unknown letter aside, she excitedly tore open the package as Sirius watched sleepily from the side.

She gaped at the box in her. "I - I thought they would give a traditional watch to James and not me."

"James did get one. It was your great grandfather's." Sirius said, moving closer to her.

The watch in her hands seemed it was old but not as old as the one her brother must have gotten.

"Read the letter." Sirius urged.

"Dear Juli,

Happy 17th, my darling!
It is unbelievable and almost disheartening watching you grow.
It has made us the proudest parents alive and we could not be happier for the woman you are growing into.
We are in awe of your actions, bravery and valor.
We remember the day when you asked about your adoption. We had to tell you a little sooner than we expected but this watch belonged to your mother.
We hope this always keeps you connected to her.

All our love,
Mom and Dad."

A wide smile was plastered on her face as she finished reading the letter. She instantly put the watch on, admiring it.

"I can't believe I have known you almost 7 years now." Sirius sighed, putting his arms around her from behind.

She smiled and leaned further into him. "Me neither."

"What's the other one?" He asked.

She took the other parchment and unrolled it. "Let's see."

"Juliette,

I hope you have missed me. Avery told me as much.
The Dark Lord has heard about you and is impressed with you and your acts of Gryffindor bravery. He thinks you will be an excellent witch for one of his ranks.

Write me back.
Mulciber."