47.

"Jeez, mate. You've got to ask your sister not to pull off stunts like that." Remus grumbled to James as Sirius bounced around the dorm like a happy puppy. "Sirius gets way too worked up."

"What do you mean Moonykins?" Sirius asked in an amused manner. "I am just looking for my shoes."

"You're practically hopping out of excitement Padfoot." Peter sighed.

"Oh, shut up you lot. I can finally let the whole castle know I am dating Juliette Potter. " He let out a bark like laughter.

James clapped his back as all the boys made his way downstairs where Juli was waiting for them.

"Feeling alright?" James asked.

She nodded and then clasped her hand with Sirius', winking at him.

Tiny butterflies rose in his stomach at her touch and his face broke out in a wide grin. "Um, you know what?" He said, suddenly frowning. "We still have a lot of time. Why don't you go ahead, I need to talk to her."

Juli's heart beat fastened and she worriedly looked at James, asking him to leave for breakfast.

She then turned to face Sirius, her happiness fading away. "Is something wrong? Did I do some-"

Her sentence was left incomplete as Sirius cupped her face and pulled her close, kissing her.

* * * * *

Sirius sauntered into the Great Hall 20 minutes later with a loose tie and hair messed up in a bun. He casually sat down beside James, in front of Dorcas and reached for the toast.

"Who the hell did that?" The Marauders heard some girl exclaim.

"I would have killed her if I had known." They heard someone else say, probably the other girl's friend.

"You did it, didn't you?" A third angry voice shouted.

Marlene nudged Lily to look at him and she very audibly gasped, because his neck was covered in hickeys. With the top button undone and a loose tie, everyone could see every inch of his neck while he nonchalantly showed them off and ate his toast.

Juli then entered the hall and sat down beside Dorcas. She locked eyes with Sirius and felt her heart warm.

"Merlin Jules!" James exclaimed so that the entire Hall could hear him. "Got a bit carried away, did we?" He smirked.

Juli blushed a deep red and leaned forwards towards Sirius. She tugged on his tie so as to pull him close and buttoned his shirt, looking into his eyes all the while.

James and Peter rolled their eyes at the scene in front of them.

"Get a room, you two!" James teased. "Actually, no, ew. Please don't get a room. That's my sister."

Not bothering to respond, Juli sat back and turned towards the girls who were eyeing her angrily. She smirked at them and winked, antagonizing them even more.

Sirius saw the girls' face flash with anger and laughed, making everyone laugh along with him.

They had breakfast happily, relieved from all the drama and forgetting about the war for a few moments, because who needed the world when they had each other.

* * * * *

"Guyssssss" Juli whined. "Let it go, pleaaaseeeee".

It was almost midnight and they were gathered in the common room, with butter beers in hand and Juli on Sirius' lap.

"It's been two days, Juli. You have to tell us what happened that night." Remus said.

"It doesn't matter! I am fine now." She argued.

"At least tell us who did it?" Lily tried to convince her.

"You wouldn't believe me if I did."

"Come on, Juliette. Just tell us." Sirius said, boring into her eyes and putting a hand around her waist, pulling her into him.

She sighed. "Lily, I am so sorry, but it was Snape. I met him on the way to Astronomy tower and there was a small arguement."

Something inside James snapped and he stood up with his wand out, like he had a mission.

"No, I don't believe it." Lily said, shaking her head. "He doesn't use Dark Magic and - and he wouldn't hurt you over a small arguement."

"But he did, Lils. I am sorry. And James, sit down! Please. It's not worth it."

Sirius nodded at him, giving him a look which promised him that they would take care of Snape later.

"His friends use that sort of magic, who's to say he doesn't?" James asked, completely believing Juli.

Juli put her hand over Sirius' and looked away.

"Jules?" James said.

"Mhm?"

"I can read you like an open book. I know something is troubling you. What are you not telling us?" He asked, sure that Juli was hiding something.

"It's probably nothing." She sighed.

"You'll have to tell, then." Remus said gently, trying to coax her into telling them.

"It's the last thing Snape said to me before... using that spell or whatever." Sirius felt her slightly tremble and gripped her tighter.

"Not that I believe he must have used it, but tell us what he said, Juli." Lily implored.

Juli looked at James and grasping Sirius' hand tightly, she took a deep breath so as to compose herself. "He said that -" Her voice almost broke. "That they would get back at me for what happened to M - Mulciber."