14.

Rem rolled his eyes for the 5th time that night. "No, James, I did not ask her about the worst every flavour bean she got."

The Marauders along with Lily and Juli were in the boys' dorm trying to know more about Amethyst. Juli sat on James' bed. Lily was on the floor at the foot of his bed, with Sirius' head in her lap. James had stopped being bothered by their friendship a long time back.

"Did you at least ask her about her favourite creature?" Sirius was the one who asked.

The girls laughed at how annoyed Remus looked. He looked like he could burst out of annoyance.

"Okay, that's enough questions about her." He didn't give anyone a chance to protest and ask any more questions. "I thought something could happen but it won't."Sirius and James stopped chatting and looked at Remus, who looked a little sad. "She wouldn't want to be with someone like me." He didn't want to say it in front of Lily so he stopped. Everyone was trying to find the right words to make Remus feel better.

After a few moments of silence, he spoke again, "It's late. We should sleep now."

The girls said good bye and left for their dorm.

"How many times do we need to tell you, Rem? Being a werewolf doesn't change who you are!" James shouted the moment Lily and Juli left the room.

Without bothering to answer, Remus pulled his blanket over and went to sleep.

The girls were now on staircase, making their way towards their dorm.

"Why are we allowed in there but they aren't allowed here?" Juli asked.

"I think it's a good thing. At least that way James won't ask me out in my sleep" Lily laughed.

"Hey! That's my brother you're talking about." Juli shot back, jokingly.

"Yeah, yeah, sorry."

They entered, careful not to make a noise and retired to bed, sleep consuming both of them soon.

* * * * *

"Why don't you go ahead, I'll catch up with you later." Juli told Remus and Lily as they were walking back from the Great Hall after their last exam.

They both nodded at her as she ran towards James, Sirius and Peter.

"What are you doing here?" James asked, disapprovingly.

"Yeah, we said no." Sirius said.

"I am just accompanying you to her office. Even that isn't allowed?"

The boys didn't respond and kept walking quietly until they reached McGonagall's classroom.

"Come in" She said before they could even knock.

They went inside, looking nervous.

She looked at them questioningly. "Yes?"

They all gulped in fear, not daring to look anywhere but their feets.

"Tell me?" She asked.

"Hypothetically, Professor..." Juli started.

"Yes, I know it is hypothetical. Mr. Potter and Mr. Black with Mr. Pettigrew have been asking me hypothetical questions since 3rd year about one very specific topic. Go on."

"Uh...well...removesmellfrommandrakeleaves" Sirius blurted.

"You'll have to repeat that, Mr. Black."

She saw Sirius' face scrunch at the mention of his surname. Her eyes softened. "Pease sit down, all of you."

They all walked towards the table, conscious of their every step and sat down in front of her.

"What was it that you were saying, Sirius?" She asked him softly.

Sirius looked more comfortable and took a deep breath. "How do you suggest, hypothetically, of course, we remove the taste of Mandrake leaves?"

McGonagall looked stunned for a moment. "Hypothetically, mint and chocolate will help."

The children shuffled their feet awkwardly, got up and thanked her. When they turned to left, McGonagall said, "If 3, maybe 4, children plan on becoming animagi, they should note that it can go horribly wrong and they can be put in Azkaban for underage attempts, hypothetically."

They looked at her and left, smiling to themselves.

Juli looked at her brother pleadingly.

"No, I am sorry." He told her.

"Fine." She huffed.

"I am still waiting to show you how much better I can do." They heard a gruff voice behind them.

"Mulciber." Sirius whispered.

Before Juli could blink, James had his wand out again. "I warned you." James choked. "I WARNED YOU" He was now walking towards him.

Before he could reach Mulciber, Juli ran in front of him and placed her hand on his heart. She could feel it beating rapidly. "He is not worth it, Jamie. You know it, too." Her touch calming him down. "Let's go. Remus and Lily are waiting. We need to pack. Come on." James tightened the grip on his wand and whispered, "Jules, you'll be careful, won't you? Tell me you'll be careful."

"I will." She said dragging James with the boys and her towards the opposite direction.

"So, Sirius," she asked, trying to change the topic, "Coming over during Summer break?"

"I hope. I don't want to leave Regulas alone but at least they won't torture him or anything." He replied.

Juli' heart broke listening to those words and stopped in her tracks. James looked back to see his sister staring at the ground. He started to walk towards her to talk but felt a hand on his arms.

"I got it, James." Sirius told him. He glanced at Juli and nodded at Sirius, before walking back with Peter.

Sirius practically ran towards Juli. "Hey." She didn't bother to look up. "I will be fine, Juli. You know me. I am strong. I can handle anything." He said jokingly.

"Can you?" She looked up at him and shouted. Tears were streaming down her face. It took Sirius a moment to recover from how hurt she looked. "They torture you, Sirius. Hurt you. You don't deserve that." She cried.

"It'll be okay, Juli" He took his hand into hers. "I promise I will spend the larger portion of break with you at the Manor." She seemed to calm down at the thought and managed a smile. He wiped her tears and kissed her forehead. Juli felt it again. Like all was happy in the world and she couldn't ask for more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: Look how content he makes her! UwU

Please vote and let me know what you think.

Thank you! <3