9.

"We do." Peter replied.

Juli looked as if she would cry. She glanced at James for support.

"You know what," He got up "I will come, too."

"No you will not, James. It is between them." Remus said sharply.

"He has a point." Sirius agreed.

"But Juli doesn't object." James claimed.

"Because she knows she needs you." Remus clarified. Just as James was about to get up, he added, "However, she also knows that she needs to do this alone." He looked at Juli.

She nodded and left the common room with Peter.

25 minutes later, Peter came back to the common room alone only to find James, Sirius, Remus, Lily, Alice, Dorcas and Marlene waiting for him.

All eyes fell on him and then behind him to check for Juli. The portrait swung shut without Juli. James took no time in springing up and grabbing Peter by his collar only to see that Lily already had her wand out.

"Where is she, Peter? Why isn't she back?" James questioned.

"Did you hurt her?" Lily glared.

"Lily, we get it. Move your wand away from Peter's neck." Marlene pulled her away from Peter and gently put a hand on James' shoulder. He let go reluctantly.

"She said she needed to be alone now." Peter told everyone.

Lily nodded and sat down in front of the fire place with a worried expression.

"She only thinks she needs that." James declared. "I will go and look for her."

"In that case, I think I should come, too. I want to." Lily said.

Before James could reply, Dorcas calmly did. "Maybe we could give them some time alone, Lils. She'll come back to the dorm sooner or later." She nodded and decided to sit back.

"Do you know where she is?" James asked.

Peter shook his head. "We were outside Charms classroom. Dunno if she will be there or not."

James ran out the portrait door and went straight towards the Charms' classroom. He heard a someone sobbing inside and slowly entered.

He saw Juli sitting crouched on the floor with face buried in her hands.

"Hey." He gently said sitting down in front of her.

She looked up at him. Her eyes were red and swollen. James instantly engulfed her into a hug as she cried into his chest. "What happened, Juli?"

"I want to go home, James." She sobbed.

"What for, dear? You cannot miss school because a guy broke your heart."

"He said that it was heat of the moment and didn't mean anything. It is not his fault but I want to go home." She repeated.

"It is kind of his fault for being impulsive." He tried to keep anger out of his voice. "We are going home for Christmas. Just a little longer."

"I want to go home NOW, James. I want to go back to mum and dad. Mum always knows what to do. Please... I miss them." She was now crying even harder.

James was now rubbing small circles on her back. "It's okay, Juli. It will be alright. Besides, you have me until then." She had not stopped crying but her sobs were getting softer by each minute.

"Let's get you to the common room, okay?" She pulled back and James gently kissed her forehead before standing up.

They left the classroom checking around for Mr. Filch and his cat.

"Please let Peter be about this." She pleaded. He had no choice but to accept.

They entered through the portrait door only to find their friends waiting for them. All eyes were on them. James shook his head so that nobody would question Juli about anything.

James and Juli settled down on the sofa in front of the fireplace. Everyone sat quietly for a while before the girls gave Juli a smile and went back to the dorm.

"Here" Said Remus, handing out pudding. "We had dinner while you and Peter were talking. You are the only one left."

She mumbled a thanks before accepting it.

"I don't want to go back to my dorm, James. I want to be with you."

James' eyes softened and he nodded.

"Why don't we go back to our dorm and see what we can do about the sleeping arrangements?" Sirius suggested.

"But Peter would be there." Juli looked like she would start crying again.

"He can sleep down here for one night." James answered. "He hurt you and you asked me to do nothing about it so-"

"She what?" Sirius shouted.

"I know what happened was wrong but I don't want to hold it against him." She justified.

Before Sirius could say anything else, James continued, "He hurt you and this is the least punishment for him."

Juli nodded.

"I'll go get him down here while you get ready for bed. You don't have to face him if you don't want to. At least not tonight." Remus offered.

"Thanks" She muttered and went back to her dorm.

She came back down after 15 minutes with her blanket and went straight up the boys' dorm. She knocked and a sleepy Sirius opened the door.

All the boys had now changed, too. Frank was sleeping soundly and Peter was no where to be found.

"Hey Jules" She smiled at James' nickname for her. "You will be sleeping in Sirius' bed because it is next to mine and he will be in Remus'. Remus will move to Peter's."

"Or, you can share a bed with James but we weren't sure how comfortable you would be with that." Sirius said.

"I'll sleep in yours if that's okay." She replied.

He nodded and went to sleep.

Pulling up her blanket, she whispered to James, "Thank you, Jamie. I love you."

"I love you, too, Jules."

* * * * *

It was a Sunday morning and everyone in the boys' dorm had decided to sleep in.

A soft knock was heard on the door and Remus was the one to hear it.

He opened the door only to find Lily standing there.

"Hey, Lily. What time is it?"

"Don't worry about that. I just came to drop off Juli's stuff, brush, clothes, towel, and the like and see how she was doing. You can go back to sleep after that. Peter is still in the common room." Lily handed him a bag.

"Oh come on in. She is right here." She tiptoed so as to not wake anyone else up. He pointed towards Sirius' bed but it was empty. "She slept in Sirius' bed last night. I don't know where she went."

"There she is." Lily pointed towards the bed by the window.

Remus turned his head to see James slouching against the head board while Juli was sleeping peacefully on his stomach, his hand around her shoulders while her arm was on his waist.

Remus and Lily smiled at themselves.

"They look peaceful. As if...As if they are at home."

"They are."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: James and Juli really are the best

Please vote and lemme know what you think.

Thank you!! <3