95.

TW: Death at infancy (?)

Juli watched with wide eyes as Madam Pomfrey tried to work her magic on her precious baby girl

Juli watched with wide eyes as Madam Pomfrey tried to work her magic on her precious baby girl. It did not work.

The time had seemed to slow down when she looked at Juli and Sirius and shook her head.

None of the 7th years responded, no one knew what to say.

Lily was the first one to let out a sob. "I am so sorry..."

"Jules," James said, moving forward.

She still had Starla in her arm but hadn't said a word. She didn't know how to respond, think or feel. The only thing she did know was that her hand, which was clasped with Sirius' was the only real thing. The only thing she had left. Her baby girl had been here for less than 12 hours and then... then...

Juli flinched a little when she felt James touch her hand. "Can you not, please?" She said harshly.

"We - we will be outside." Lily said softly and taking James' hand, went outside, followed by Remus and Peter.

Sirius hadn't said a word either. He was just looking at the pink face nestled between Juli's arm. He let a few tears fall as he put her arms around her and placed a kiss to her temple. He then rested his chin on her head, bringing her into a hug.

They sat there for a few minutes until Juli moved a bit. "Coffins," she mumbled.

"Huh?" He asked, removing his hands from her.

"Coffins, you know. For her." She said as Sirius stared at her in shock. "I mean, we can't just sit here holding her forever, can we? It's not like she will display traces of magic, will she?"

"Juli..." he tried to interrupt.

"Anyway, I am not sure if we will find one for her size, I mean, she's so tiny!" Her voice cracked a bit at that point. "We will make one. Someone will be happy to help, I reckon."

"Love, please..."

"Oh, and I will select a very pretty dress. She will look beautiful and perfect."

"Juliette, look at me." He ordered, holding her face and turning it towards him. He made her look into his eyes and gave her time for the reality to set in. The one which she was trying to deny.

Nothing happened. Her eyes were moist but that was it. She didn't want to think about what had happened or feel the emotions.

She didn't want to accept it. Accept the fact that she was a bad mother. The one who couldn't even protect her own child. Was she even a mother? It had barely been a few hours.

She might not have been a good mother, but she would make sure that Starla got a nice goodbye.

Sirius' POV