98.

Lily's POV

Lily and James were the only ones who had decided to come back to the Manor. Remus wanted to go home. Peter, too, but probably because he didn't get a letter. Everyone assumed that it was lost and would turn up somewhere. Sirius was too mentally exhausted to move, let alone apparate.

James went back to his room, slamming the door shut while Lily chose to remain downstairs.

After giving Mr. and Mrs. Potter their letters, she decided to read her own. So with teary eyes, she unrolled the parchment.

"Lils,
I don't even know what to say. Can you believe we have known each other for 7 years now. Wow.
I cannot put into words how much you mean to me. It was like having a sister.
I honestly don't know what to say except the fact that I love you and you deserve so much. Some would say better than my brother."
She softly chuckled at that.
"Please take care of each other. Every one can see how much you both need each other. You are happy when together. And happiness is a good look on you, Evans.

Love always,
Juli."

She would be lying if she said that their fight hadn't driven them apart but she missed and loved Juli just as much. She was her first best friend after Severus.

Lily wiped her tears and went to check on James. He was standing by the window, tear tracks on his face.

She wordlessly walked up to him and brought him into a hug, allowing him to let out all his emotions and frustration.

James felt just right in her arms. She never wanted to let him go. War or not, she couldn't afford another loss.

Remus' POV

"Moony,
I wish I could say this to you while I was still there. Getting to know you has been one of the greatest honors of my life.
Your kindness, wittiness, and love for everyone made me want to be a better person. I once heard someone say that you are the most Hufflepuff Gryffindor to ever exist and I don't see a lie in that.
I am sorry for all the things I said when I was trying to distance myself from you. I would never mean them. Never.
Remus, you are one of the most amazing people I have come across. Don't let anyone, including yourself  convince you otherwise. You are perfect and there isn't one thing I would change about you. You deserve the whole world.

All my love (yes, ALL of it,)
Juli."

Remus crumpled the parchment in his fist and stared ahead, unsure of what  to do. Everything had happened so fast, they barely had time to register it.

Juli was the light of the group. She was kind, caring, understanding and empathetic. She knew when to stand up for someone and when to stay silent. She wasn't afraid of using her blood status for the better. 

The truth was that she was his best friend and he missed her.

* * * * *

James cleared his throat as people looked at him expectantly. Almost all of their classmates for present. Remus thought he even saw Regulus somewhere, blended in with the crowd.

"I cannot remember a time when Jules wasn't around me...It was annoying at times..." James laughed. "We like to consider Sirius as the rebel but if there was anyone who could give him a competition, it was her. She knew the right things to say and the right places to be at. It was like, she completed us and held us together."

Sirius was standing beside Lily, who was holding his hand. He had a blank expression.

"She was the craziest person I ever met. I mean, she asked Dumbledore to shut up, can you believe that." Everyone chuckled. "That girl was a genius! If given the option, I would choose her to be my sister every single time, without thinking twice..." He took a small pause. "We miss you, Jules."

Remus had just started to praise James for not crying during the eulogy when he got down and hugged his father, shedding a few more tears.

He could understand why he hadn't read the letter. As a brother who was used to having his sister around all the time, it would have been difficult.

He couldn't let her sacrifice go waste. He vowed to do his best to defeat Voldemort. To fight for the greater good Juli believed in.

And fight he did.