64.

Dumbledore sat patiently with his hands placed on his lap, waiting for her to start speaking

Dumbledore sat patiently with his hands placed on his lap, waiting for her to start speaking. "Well, Ms. Potter?" He asked with a smiled.

Juli wanted to knock that smile right off his face. How could he be smiling when she was going through hell? "It's done. The supposed death eaters trust me." She said firmly.

"And does anyone know?" He asked.

"Only Mum and Dad. I am sorry, Sir. I was confused. I needed guidance." She said, her tone not sounding apologetic or soft at all. She wanted him to know how much she hated his idea, but she had signed up for this. "Regulus thinks that I am lying but I will convince him."

"I can understand, Ms. Potter. It is a big risk you will be taking," he said. "Now, according to my knowledge, you have a good relationship with both the Black brothers. I need you to use that and-"

"Had. I had a good relationship with them." Her heart wrenched as she corrected him.

Dumbledore nodded. "You have to get in the good graces of not only the death eaters, but also their families so that Voldemort trusts you completely. That includes Walburga and Orion Black."

"Sir," she said, her senses being alerted on The Dark Lord's name. "Vol-Voldemort?"

"Yes, Ms. Potter. I believe that you have the potential to be in his presence and play an important role in his downfall."

"Well, that makes one of us." She scoffed in a voice not audible to Dumbledore. "How will I do that, Sir?" She said loudly.

"I thought you'd never ask, Ms. Potter." He said with a twinkle in his eyes. Oh, how she hated that twinkle. As if this was amusing to him. "You will have to make his followers believe that you have the same ideals as them and convince them you want to join. If we are successful, you will get to be in his innermost circle."

"Innermost circle..." She repeated, going over it again and again.

"However," he interrupted her train of thought. "There is one more thing you must know. Lord Voldemort is a skilled legilimens."

"Oh?" She asked. "That is not good, Sir. Is there a way around?"

"Indeed." He smiled. "You will need to learn occlumency."

* * * * *

Juli slowly opened the door to the boys' dorm and crept in. Reaching James' bed, she started looking around for her father's cloak in his trunk.

She would need it for her 'future missions', as Dumbledore had said. And as creepy as it sounded, this was the only way she could be a part of her friends' conversations without actually being a part of their conversations. 

She found a picture of the Marauders stuck on the inside and smiled softly. She remembered taking that picture in the common room when they were dancing at the twins' birthday party. Music was blaring through the enchanted speakers but the boys were lost in a world of their own. Happy and content with each other. Thinking of that day made her heart clench so she turned her gaze away and continued rummaging around in his trunk.

When she couldn't find it, she sighed to herself and started looking under his bed, but there was nothing under his bed except boxes of chocolate cards.

When her gaze went further from under his bed, she saw a black box lying against the wall. She got up and with slow steps, walked towards it.

The window above on the wall had a small crack on it. mostly because the box was thrown at it. Memories of last night came rushing back when she picked the box with the black, velvet cover. With trembling hands, she opened it.

Her heart skipped a beat when she saw the ring again. Sunlight beamed at it through the window and something caught her eye. She took the ring out of the box and looked at it closely. 

A tear rolled down her cheek when she saw S.B + J.P engraved on it. Not being able to help herself, she slipped the ring on and held her hand out to admire it. 

It fit perfectly on her finger, just like Sirius' fingers did, just like his hand fit so perfectly in hers, too. It even felt perfect to her. Like it was meant to be there. A promise of forever from the person she wanted a forever with. 

She closed her eyes and allowed herself to feel this pain as more tears fell.

She had forgotten about the cloak and startled when the door suddenly opened.

"Juliette?"

She hastily wiped her tears and turned around, only to find herself face to face with Sirius.