28.

Juli was slowly taking steps backwards, her heart and mind racing

Juli was slowly taking steps backwards, her heart and mind racing. She slowly turned her head around to see if she could run.

"Don't even think about it." Mulciber said gruffly and instantly held her hand.

She winced in pain and decided to call for help but he covered her hand with his mouth and looked into her eyes. He roughly turned her around so that her back was against him and pressed into her. He started trailing his hands down her neck to her waist as tears filled her eyes.

Not knowing what else to do, she tried to kick him but failed miserably.

"This won't help you." He laughed. "Be grateful you are beautiful, filthy blood traitor. You know, your brother shouldn't have tried to hex me."

She could feel his hot breath on her neck and attempted to squirm herself free. Her vision blurred due to tears and fear flooded her mind. She couldn't think properly and whimpered.

"No one here to save you now." His whisper sent a chill down her spine and he touched her hair, playing with it.

She nudged her elbow into his stomach with force and he backed away a bit in pain. The pain was enough for him to remove his hand from her mouth. He was still holding her hands tightly when she suddenly exclaimed, "Professor!" and felt Mulciber's hands leave her body.

He looked around to see which Professor had caught them but no one was there and Juli had already ran away.

Panting, she reached the portrait.

"Password?" The Fat Lady asked.

"I... I don't know." She tried to remember but all she could think of was Mulciber's hands and his hot breath. "Please..." She cried. "I am a Gryffindor. Let me in."

The Fat Lady shook her head as Juli burst into tears. She wanted her brother. And Sirius.

"Is anyone in there? Pl-please help!" She shouted, wishing that someone inside would her hear.

The portrait swung open and she saw Peter standing. "I thought I heard someone."

Entering inside, she went past Peter and saw the room filled with people. Her eyes scanned the crowd looking for James or Sirius. She was sobbing loudly but her sobs were drowned out by the loud chatters.

She saw James sitting with Sirius and Remus and cried out loudly, "James?"

Recognizing that voice in a heart beat, he got up and looked around, trying to find Juli. He finally spotted her not too far from him and his jaw dropped at her sight. Her eyes were swollen, hair was a tangled mess and sweat on her forehead. There were finger marks on her arms. Tears wete flowimg down her cheeks non-stop.

James ran towards her and pulled her into a tight hug. By now, Sirius and Remus had noticed it, too and they walked towards the twins. Remus had also brought Lily's attention to the scene who was standing by the window with her dorm mates.

They all gathered and watched from a distance, as James tried to calm Juli. Remus walked forward and softly asked him to go to someplace more secluded, away from prying eyes. He nodded in response and dragged Juli towards his dorm as she continued to sob into his side.

Lily ran to grab a glass of water and found everyone in the boys' dorm. They were standing by the door while Juli was on the floor with James, still sobbing. She slowly walked towards them and handed him the glass.

He pulled back and gave it to Juli to drink. She didn't make any efforts to take it so James pulled the glass to her lips and made her have some of it. He wiped away her tears and asked in the softest of voices, "What happened, Jules?"

She took a deep breath and replied, "It was Mulciber..."

James' eyes widened and his blood boiled. Sirius' heart skipped a beat and everyone gasped, knowing Mulciber's intentions. Remus gently held Lily's hand, trying to reassure her.

"He found me alone in a corridor and said something about you hexing him and he did something to my hair and...he...he" She couldn't continue and had burst into tears again. James held her tightly, afraid that if he let her go, she would break.

He blamed himself for what Mulciber had done to her. Tears filled his eyes looking at his sister's state but he blinked them away, knowing that he had to stay strong for her.

For the next 20 minutes, the only sound was of Juli's sobs as everyone had settled themselves on the boys' bed, waiting patiently.

She finally stopped crying and accepted the glass of water from James. She drank it completely and managed to compose herself enough to say something. Sirius didn't even know he had been holding his breath until he exhaled in relief.

"Jamie?" Juli asked.

"Yeah?"

No one had ever heard James talk this softly and low.

"I want Mulciber expelled."

"Then we'll all help you do that." He said, looking at his friends. They all nodded in response.

"But-" She paused, staring at him.

"Yes, Jules? Tell me." He encouraged her.

She looked at Sirius and Remus and then at James before saying, "But I want you all to finish what James had started the other day."