29.

Sirius got up with a grin as he realized what Juli wanted them to do. Remus, too stood up and gave her a nod.

"I want to come as well." Lily said, looking at Sirius. She didnt know Mulciber would somehow do this to her friend. She was scared but couldnt let anyone know this.

"Absolutely not." He replied.

"She's our friend, too. We are not asking for permission." Marlene said defensively.

Remus could sense the girls feelings. Juli was like his own sister and there was not a thing in the world he wouldnt do for her. He knew that Sirius cared too much about all of them to let them fight and tried to convince him. "They are right, Padfoot. It is their fight as well. You call her your best friend so let her do what she feels is right."

Juli was too occupied with her thoughts to bother about the conversation going on around her. She slowly pulled herself from James' embrace and left the dorm, without saying anything. She was determined to make Mulciber pay for this.

"Where are you going?" Alice asked worriedly.

Without turning back, she answered, "Meet me downstairs in 2."

"I shouldn't have bothered with Mulciber in the first place." James sighed, sitting back on the floor. All he had to do was not let his anger get the best of him. But he couldnt help it. It was his duty to protect his sister but he was enjoying and laughing with his friends when she was going through hell.

Remus walked up to him and said, "It is not your fault, Prongs. We can't help the fact that he is an idiot." He gave him his hand to stand up which he gratefully accepted.

"Get the map, too." Sirius reminded him.

James ran towards his trunk, ignoring the questioning looks from girls and said cheerfully, "Let's end this for once and for all."

They all went downstairs just in time to see Juli coming down with her own wand. The common room was now empty and they had no trouble getting out unnoticed. Remus had managed to convince Frank, Alice, Peter and Dorcas remained behind if someone came asking for the prefects.

They crept out of their room towards the dungeons, while Sirius kept an eye on the map, checking for Filch. "He is on the 3rd floor with a few of his mates."

Juli stopped in her tracks for a minute. She didn't even know what she wanted them to do and now he had his friends with him. She didn't want things to go wrong.

Sensing her fear, James put his arm around her shoulder and whispered, "The more the merrier."

She lightly chuckled and made her way to the 3rd floor with her friends. They walked in silence due to the fear of getting caught. James suddenly pushed them towards a wall when he heard laughter. He nodded so as to confirm that it was Mulciber and his friends.

Sirius didn't know what came over her and he suddenly stepped out, firing a jinx at one of Mulciber's friends. He was afraid of how Juliette was doing but now, he was angry at the person responsible. No one could get away with threatening his love. No one. His anger was released in the form of spells he threw at them. Sirius was soon joined by his friends who fired jinxes and for the next 5 minutes, there were the loud echoes which sounded like gunshots.

Mulciber and his friends were easily outnumbered but they had mastered nonverbal spells which was a problem for the fifth years. They clutched their wands a little tighter and continued to fight for their friend.

Her friends finally lowered their wands when each of Mulciber's friends was on the floor including Mulciber himself.

"Too scared of me, eh, Potter?" He teased.