32.

James woke up early on Christmas morning, deciding to go to the cliff anyway. He put on a coat and his Gryffindor scarf. Sirius was still sleeping and needed his rest so he didn't wake him up. While making his way downstairs, he contemplated waking Juli up like always but couldn't bring himself to do it.

He walked up to the cliff alone and it felt different. He had never done the Christmas tradition without Juli but he was still mad at her. He reached the spot and sat down against a tree, looking over the white, scenic beauty.

"Merry Christmas, Jamie."

He heard Juli's voice and turned his head only to see her standing by him.

"Happy Christmas." He replied flatly.

"Want some company?" She asked, hoping that he would say yes and they could talk about what happened.

He shook his head and said, "I came here because it is tradition, not because I wanted company."

She nodded her head and turned on her heels, starting to walk back home. She knew it was pointless to force her company on him. He was upset and had every right to be. She had lied to him but that didn't mean she deserved this treatment. He was her brother and she couldn't not talk to him. He was everything to her.

She reached home and saw that everyone was still sleeping. She slowly went to James' bedroom to check on Sirius. As she neared the door, she heard soft sobs.

"No, no please... Stop... It hurts... don't touch Regulas." Sirius was shaking slightly and tears were flowing down his cheeks.

She entered and gently shook Sirius. "You're safe, Sirius. It's a nightmare. Wake up, please." Seeing that he finally calmed down and his breathing became even, she ran her hand through his hair, placing a long kiss on his forehead.

"Juliette?" Sirius whispered, eyes still half closed. "Stay?"

"Of course Sirius." She smiled and sat on the bed. He instantly held her hand and rolled on to her lap. She looked at him in awe, taking in his handsome face and sharp feautures.

Juli caressed his cheek lovingly, thinking about everything he had to go through at Grimmauld. How he must have shielded Regulas so many times even though he believed that Reg hated him.

It made her think about how James would do it for her, too without thinking twice and she would gladly do the same.

These thoughts made her wanted to talk to her Jamie. Tell him that he had the largest space in her heart.

Before she knew it, she had fallen asleep while sitting with Sirius on her lap.

They were woken up gently by a smiling Euphemia who called them downstairs for presents.

"Padfoot!" James exclaimed and tackled Sirius into a hug. "Merry Christmas, mate!"

"Easy there Prongs." He laughed. "Merry Christmas. The Christmas tree looks different."

"That's because I decorated it. Alone." Euphemia said, looking at James and Juli. They turned away from her when she used that accusing tone.

They spent that morning opening presents and reading letters from friends. Much to Sirius' and James' dismay, Juli had written one to Reg and had gotten a very sweet one in response.

Since James and Juli had already done their Christmas shopping, they had a gift for one another. James thanked her mentally for not giving something too sentimental.

Sirius had given Juli a beautiful necklace with a heart shaped pendant and a bracelet to go along with it.

He had coincidentally received a chain from her.

"More muggle deaths." Fleamont sighed during lunch.

"You think it's You Know Who?" Juli asked worriedly.

"I am afraid it is him." Euphemia responded. "Be careful, sweets. It is not safe for anyone out there."

The children nodded and went back to lunch.

Suddenly, the fire turned green and a girl walked out, coughing due to the ash.

"LILY?" Jui exclaimed, bringing her into a hug.

Lily hugged her back but instantly pulled away,  looking for someone else around the room. At that time, James and Sirius walked towards the girls and she flung her arms around Sirius.

"I heard, Siri. Are you okay?" Lily asked with concern.

"When am I not fine, Lils?" He chuckled.

She handed him a small box. "I got you chocolates and everything I could find at home."

He smiled at her. "You didn't have to, Lily. I am doing good." His heart warmed at Lily's kindness. "How did you know and how did you travel by floo anyway?"

"Well, Mr. Potter had connected the network to a few fireplaces including this one last year and Juli wrote to me last night."

"Merry Christmas, Lilyflower." James smirked.

"Potter." She acknowledged.

"Now that you're here," Juli said. "Let's celebrate."

She nodded and went to greet Fleamont and Euphemia followed by James, Sirius and Remus.

Lily was talking to Euphemia in the kitchen when her eyes fell on Sirius. He was checking out the muggle chocolates she had gotten him. Her heart broke when she realized that things had to be really bad for him to run away.

"Oh, Sirius." She sighed and walked upto him, pulling him into another hug.

Sirius was taken aback but returned her hug, trying to give reassurance.

Looking at the pair, Juli smiled to herself. Maybe this Christmas would not be bad after all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sirius always calling Juli Juliette and Lily addressing him as Siri has my heart. ♡♡