25.

Juliette and Sirius broke apart after ages to breathe and found themselves in an empty classroom

Juliette and Sirius broke apart after ages to breathe and found themselves in an empty classroom. Cheeks flushed and panting, neither of them knew who had had pushed whom in there.

Sirius' hands were now on her waist and cheek, holding her like the most precious being in the world. He pulled back and saw her smile. A smile which made him smile. She flung her arms around his neck and embraced him. "You have no idea how much I have longed for this." She whispered.

He shifted his hand on her hair, rubbing it "I think I do."

"We should probably leave the classroom before everyone comes back from Hogsmeade." She laughed.

"How about the common room?" He linked his hands with hers. "Or better, my dorm?" He smirked at her.

Juli rolled her eyes at him and lead them towards the common room. "You mean the same dorm you share with my brother and a guy I went on a date with?"

"Oh, I had forgotten about that." He answered sheepishly. "How was the date, anyway?"

"Yeah. Oh, it was so awkward. All I did was think about going on a date with you." She kissed him on the cheek.

He touched the spot on his cheek where she had kissed. It felt warm. "I think we wasted a lot of time trying to spite each other."

Her expressions saddened and she felt guilty. "If I hadn't done the whole drama with Peter, we would have been together sooner"

"It is not your fault, okay?" He caressed her cheek. "And you know what the muggles say: Distance makes the heart grow fonder."

"Hippogriff" Sirius said, as the Portrait Lady looked at them fondly and let them in.

"Hey, Sirius?" She asked. "Are we, like, officially together?"

"Hmm... I think we are." He winked.

Sirius settled himself on the sofa in front of the fireplace while Juli went to her dorm to get her homework.

She closed the door and smiled to herself. Happiness was bubbling inside her as she changed and put her hair up. She grabbed her books and went downstairs to meet Sirius and wait for everyone else.

Sirius was now laying on the sofa and looked at her. "I think you look better in your pyjamas than fancy, date dresses."

"I think so, too." She put her books on the table and sat down on the floor to start with her homework.

"Oh leave it. Tomorrow is Sunday. None of the assignments are due until Wednesday." He whined.

"Yes and I will spend tomorrow sleeping in and playing pranks." She laughed. "Your puppy eyes won't work on me."

After a few minutes, she glanced up at Sirius and saw him watching her fondly. She closed her book and rested her chin on her hands, looking back at him with equal, if not more adoration.

They heard commotion outside and snapped out of their love gaze, laughing. Remus was the first one to enter, with an angry James on his heels. Sirius instantly sat up looking at James' expressions. He had a black eye and dried up blood on his lips. His wand was in his hands.

"Prongs? What happened to you?" Sirius exclaimed.

Juli ran up to him and made him sit on the sofa. She gently took his wand away from him and touched the blackened spot below his eyes.

"Ow. Not there, Jules."

"I am so sorry. Please tell us what happened." She asked gently.

"Mulciber managed to make him angry." Remus replied. "If it hadn't been for Lily, James might have managed to injure him badly."

They noticed Lily standing at a distance from them, staring into the fire. "Mulciber? Again? What did he even say?" Sirius asked her, not sure if asking James was a good idea.

She didn't bother to reply and continued to stare into the fire. Sirius got up and turned her around by the shoulders. "What did he say, Lils?"

A tear rolled down Lily's cheek when she recalled what he had said. He instantly engulfed her into a hug. "He said such awful things about her, Sirius. How could he say that?" She cried. "And she had left for the castle alone, we didn't know where to find her."

Sirius' grip tightened around her. "Shh... We won't let anything happen to her, you know that."

Juli realized that Mulciber had said something disgusting and shifted closer to her brother. "I am right here, Jamie. I am safe and sound. Nothing will happen to me." She tried to console him.

He looked at her and nodded. "I won't let anything happen to you. I promise."

She squeezed his hand and gave him back his wand. She looked up and saw that Lily seemed calmer, too. Sirius still had an arm around her shoulder as reassurance.

The portrait door swung open and Peter entered the common room with an ice bag in his hand. He handed it to James who put it on his eye and winced.

"You would be more comfortable in the dorm." Peter said.

He nodded and got up. He looked at Juli and gave her a week smile. "Be safe, okay, Jules?"

"I'll come and meet you in the evening." She blew a kiss at him and watched him make his way to the dorm.

"I'll help you." Peter added and followed him.

Remus and Lily were looking at Sirius with curiosity.

"What?" He asked.

"Hey, Juli," Lily said. "What happened when you came back to the castle?"

Juli was surprised by her sudden question and blushed. "Oh, um, nothing. Completed my homework."

"I am sure you did. But before that?"

"Went to the library. Why?" She was trying to hide the grin forming on her face.

"Because Sirius looked comparatively contained at the mention of Mulciber, meaning he was happy and you blushed at Lily's question." Remus smirked.

"We kissed. I am dating Juliette!" Sirius blurted out before Juli could deny.

"Sirius!" She laughed. "I thought we were not telling anyone."

"Yeah but these two know everything." He looked at Remus and Lily.

"Finally," Remus sighed. "I was not sure if I could hear him talk about your eyes anymore."

Sirius glared at him while Juli laughed.

"Oh, tell me about it. All I did was hear about how handsome he looks when his hair is let down." Lily added. It was now Juli's turn to glare and Sirius' to laugh.

"Hey, Juli?" She heard Peter's voice and turned around.

"I enjoyed a lot today. Do you want to go tomorrow, too? It is Sunday and we can sneak off." He said.

Sirius tried to stifle a laughter thinking about their awkward date. Juli gave him a death stare and said to Peter, "Oh, well, um, my homework is not done and-"

"I am kidding." He laughed. "James would kill me if I sneaked out with his sister."

She fake chuckled and looked at Sirius in worry.

He pressed a light kiss to her forehead when Peter was not looking and said, "We will figure something out about James when the time comes. Don't worry." She smiled at him in relief and went back to chatting with Lily. Peter went back to hang out with James.

"Let's go upstairs so you can tell me what happened." Lily exclaimed after a while. Juli grabbed her books and parchment and pecked Sirius on the lips before leaving.

He looked at her till she was out of sight. He exhaled and turned to Remus. "I am in love with her, Moony"