40.

Since Remus and Lily were away for prefect duty and Alice and Frank were with their other friends, everyone else decided to squeeze into one compartment. James was enacting the scene between Emily and Sirius, doing a very good job of letting everyone know of Sirius' dilemma.

Juli was laughing along with them but she also had a small voice at the back of her head which told her that Emily was far better than her.

"Isn't she the same girl who came looking for him last year?" Peter asked.

"Yeah but Jules was missing so he didn't go." James said.

No one commented any further knowing that their break up was still a sensitive subject for Sirius and Juli.

"Hey," James nudged Juli. "You want to sneak off to Hogsmeade after dinner tonight?"

She turned her head towards him, "Just us?" She asked hopefully.

"Just us." He smiled.

She put her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. "Done" She whispered.

* * * * *

Everyone dug in as soon as Dumbledore's speech ended. The twins were the ones who completed first and excused themselves, not waiting for dessert or headmaster's further instructions.

James waited outside the portrait hole as Juli said the password given to her by Remus. She grabbed her dad's cloak and the map from James' dorm and ran back downstairs.

"Why is your dorm so unusually clean?" She asked, stepping behind the old statue.

"Because we haven't started living in it yet." James snorted. "By the way, I have asked Remus to tell Evans about our little sneak off so that she doesn't wake up the whole castle looking for you."

"Thanks. Lumos." She said as the tip of her wand lit up.

James held her hand like they used to when they were young and started walking through the dark tunnel.

"So...Lily, huh?" Juli smirked.

James' cheeks turned pink, "Yeah, uh, I just want her to say yes."

"Good luck, Jamie." She winked.

"Don't say that out of pity, okay?" He retorted dramatically, feigning hurt.

"Sure."

They walked together hand in hand, laughing and talking about everything and anything.

James sighed, looking at Juli fondly, "I had missed this so much."

"Me, too." She smiled at him.

Her smile suddenly vanished as if realization had hit her. "Hey, Jamie?" She addressed.

"Yeah?"

"You-Know-Who scares me."

James' grip tightened. Juli continued, "The Daily Prophet is filled with the news of Muggle murders and Lily is one of the muggle borns..."

It was like James forgot to breathe for a moment. He shook his head, as if trying to shake the thought out of his head, "We got her covered, no matter what, yeah?"

If it would have been anyone else, Juli wouldn't have been as reassured but she knew when her brother was being sincere. He always knew how to make her feel better. Despite that, none of them felt like walking any longer and without another word, turned around.

"Raid the kitchens for everyone?" He smirked.

"Do you even have to ask." She raised her brows. "I'll race you."

They both raced, laughing and not really caring about who came first, only stopping to catch their breaths at the exit. They climbed out and started towards the kitchen. The corridor was dark and deserted, the Potter twins took this moment to themselves knowing how much they needed to spend time together.

10 minutes later, they stumbled into their Common Room with hands full of butterbeer and the cloak and the map. The room was empty except for the 6th and 7th years who were with their friends. Fortunately for them, James' and Juli's other friends had hogged the seats around the fire place.

"We got butterbeers for everyone!" Juli announced, handing them out. At the end, there was still a bottle left in her hand.

"Wait, where's Sirius?" James asked.

"Hasn't been back since dinner." Lily shrugged and went back to her conversation with Alice.

Marlene suddenly cleared her throat, looking around, she said, "I, uh, we," She corrected, looking at Dorcas, "Have something to tell you. Do you know when Black will be back?"

Juli pointed at the portrait door swinging open and everyone looked to see a very happy Sirius walking in. He strutted in and sitting beside Lily, casually putting an arm around her.

James handed him the bottle of butterbeer meant for him. "Blondie and Dorcas have something to tell us." He told him. Sirius looked at the pair questioningly.

"wehaventcomeoutyetbutwearetogether" Dorcas mumbled.

"You'll have to be a bit slower and a lot more louder." Frank said.

"Well..." Marlene said, "Neither of us have come out yet but we are together and we wanted you to know."

"My parents wouldn't have liked me being a lesbian and definitely not supported dating a bisexual." Dorcas added sadly.

Peter was the first one to speak up, "We are very happy for you, congratulations!"

"We support you no matter what." Juli said and choruses of 'yeah' and 'that is right' were heard from the group.

"It was actually Amethyst who helped us and encouraged us." Marlene grinned at Remus and he gave her an equally wide grin.

"I'll meet her tomorrow at breakfast." Remus said.

"Speaking of, where were you Sirius?" Frank.

He leant back proudly, "with Em."

Juli almost spit out her butterbeer.

"So I take it you are going to Hogsmeade with her?" Peter questioned.

"Well, we are past that and it is not really necessary."

Lily slide out from under his arm, "What do you mean?"

He flashed them the famous Sirius Black smirk, "We don't need to go there because you see, she is my girlfriend."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I won't be taking any comments on Sirius and Emily... Ha! As if you'll listen but whatevs

PS: Marlene is for my heart ria522 and so is their entire relationship... Love you!!! <3