58.

"You all are coming over, right?" James asked, stuffing food in his mouth. "It's practically a tradition now."

Juli looked excitedly at Sirius and he winked at her, leaving her a giggling mess while Peter simply nodded.

Remus awkwardly cleared his throat. "I don't think I should." He said, his eyes glistening with sadness.

"Why not, Moony?" Peter asked, embarrassed that he had said yes in an instance.

He leaned in to whisper. "Full moon."

James grinned and threw an arm around his shoulders. "There's a forest few miles away. Dad wouldn't mind helping out."

"No." Remus said. "It's too dangerous. I can't -"

"We are not having this discussion for the 100th time, mate." James interrupted sternly. "You will never spend a full moon alone. Not anymore. We will always be there to take care of you."

Before Remus could could protest, Juli stuffed a piece of pancake in his mouth and everyone around ended up doubling over in laughter.

Sirius wiped his happy tears and sat up straight when his eyes fell on Lily, who looked too engrossed in the newspaper to know what was going around her.

"Lils," He nudged her. "You're coming over, right?"

She snapped out of her daze and shook her head

"Why not?" James asked. "Alli will be there, too! You will know get to know each other better!"

Sirius was happy that his face palm went unnoticed by Juli or she would have his head.

"With all these death eathers... I don't feel like leaving my family own." She said, pushing The Daily Prophet under his nose.

"Muggle family near Urban London killed. Ministry suspects to be the work of You-Know-Who's followers. Aurors have been..."

"Lils," Juli said addressing her for the first time in weeks. It almost made her anger towards Lily melt. "I don't know how long it will take but I know that we will win this war. We will have have a happy ending. All of us."

She gave her a small smile. "But I would feel better if I stayed home."

James nodded in understanding and put his hand on top of Lily's reassuringly. The simple touch made his skin tingle. He was not supposed to feel this way anymore, was he? He had a girlfriend now. "But try at least for New Year's, okay?"

She smiled and he moved his hand away quickly and nodded.

* * * * *

"Mum! Dad!" Juli exclaimed and ran towards her parents while James and Sirius followed. She hugged her father first and then went on to her mother.

The boys glanced at each other with concern when Juli didn't leave her mother's embrace for at least a minute but Fleamont just shook his head and asked them not to worry.

"I want you to meet someone." James said after his sister pulled away. He waved at a raven haired girl standing a few feet away who then made her way to them.

"This is Allison." He grinned. "Er, my girlfriend."

Sirius was using Juli's head as a chin rest and sighed when he heard James say girlfriend. Juli elbowed him in the stomach, making him back away in pain but he soon came back, snaking his arms around her waist and making her giddy.

"...lovely meeting you, dear!" Juli heard when she paid attention to the converstaion. "You are coming over for Christmas, aren't you? All of James', Juli's and Sirius' friends are coming." Fleamont said.

"I'll try." Allison replied shyly. "See you."

Juli absolutely adored her. She was kind, smart, funny and was never mean to James, no matter how childish he got. She was one of those girls who swooned over him but was also the only one to not goggle and drool all over him. She could talk calmly to him without letting her nerves get the  best of her.

Now that they were together, it wouldn't take a genius to know that Allison Adamson was falling in love with James Potter.

"Well well well," A sharp voice said.

Juli and Sirius whipped around on hearing the shrill voice and saw Walburga Black standing inches from them. 

"A blood traitor with more blood traitors. Why am I even surprised?" She spat.

Juli sensed Sirius tense beside her and held his hand. Before she could retort, Euphemia put a hand on both of their shoulders and stood behind them.

"Because this is what a family looks like. Sadly, you don't know what that is." She replied, her eyes glaring daggers.

Anger rose in Walburga's eyes and Sirius recoiled, but Euphemia's hand kept him grounded. 

"He is not your son." She said. "He is a disgraced Black."

"He is our son, Walburga. Blood doesn't determine family. I know how you treat your own family when Sirius showed up almost dead at my doorstep last year. If it were up to me, I would fight you for Regulus, too. Merlin knows how you have corrupted his brain."

This ought to do it for Mrs. Black as she glanced at Sirius angrily and left.

He heaved a sigh of relied and Euphemia's eyes softened again when she ruffled his hair.

"I - You didn't have to do that." He said, the fear still in his voice.

"Nonsense." Fleamont said with a smile. "You are family and we will always fight for you."

Sirius threw his arms around both of them as James and Juli chuckled before joining in.

Everyone was smiling as they left the platform and Juli kissed Sirius on the cheek.

"Whoa whoa whoa!" Fleamont said, covering his eyes as James made gagging noises.

"Drama runs in the family" Euphemia sighed and hit her husband on the shoulder playfully.

Sirius chuckled and realized how the people who weren't related to him by blood felt more like parents than his own parents ever did. So he held Juli's hand and made his way through the platform, ready for whatever was to come because he knew he had the best people by his side.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: credit to AnnaIreneB for making me realize that chapters need to be published and inspiring me to do it!
You go, girl!!