10.

Juli woke up to Sirius, Remus and Lily looking at James and her in awe

"Good morning, Potter." Remus wished.

"Morning everyone." Juli replied sleepily and softly, so as to not wake James up. "I know I was supposed to be in the other bed but I couldn't sleep and -"

"It's okay, Juli. No one is objecting. You did not commit a crime." Lily cut her off. "You guys slept through breakfast and we couldn't wake you."

"Why?"

"Because we didn't want to." Sirius answered sheepishly.

Juli suddenly remembered what had happened the previous night. A sad expression formed on her face. She looked at Lily and the boys took that as the hint to leave.

"Sirius has finally decided to start with his homework and we are going back to the common room. We'll see you in a while." Remus laughed.

A loud "Hey!" was heard from Sirius before Remus shut the door. Gently removing James' arm from her shoulders, Juli got up and asked Lily, "Where is he?"

"Sirius told me that he came in the morning, grabbed his stuff and went to the library. I only saw him at breakfast." Juli grabbed her brush from the bag which Lily had brought and went to the bathroom. Lily waited patiently for her to come back and to her utter dismay, James woke up. She turned her head away from him.

"Hey Lily. Where is Juli? Is she alright? Not that I mind but what are you doing here?" He asked in a worried tone.

His concern for her melted Lily's heart and she looked at him, "Don't worry, James. She is alright and just in the bathroom. I suppose she wanted to talk so I am waiting for her. Hope you don't mind."

"Of course not. I think I will stay, too."

"Sure."

"Morning, Jamie." Juli greeted her when she came out and he nodded in reply.

"So?" Lily asked her.

"So I don't want anyone to do anything about this... situation between Peter and I. Especially you 2." She addressed her brother and best friend. "Things will never be fully right between me and him but that doesn't mean you will treat him any different." She was now talking to James. "Okay?"

"If that is what you want, then okay." James wanted to do nothing except treat Peter the same harsh way he treated his sister but listened to her.

Juli smiled. "Merlin's beard! I don't think I have ever been this hungry, let's go!"

"Fine fine!" Lily laughed and got up to leave with her. Juli hurriedly walked out first, deciding to give his brother a few moments with his crush.

Lily didn't know what came into her but she turned around on her heels. "James?"

"Lily?"

"I know you are angry but she doesn't want you to do anything. Please don't."

"I won't, Lily. Peter made a mistake but he is still one of my best mates."

Lily gave him a small smile and left for the common room.

* * * * *

Juli stopped to catch her breath.

Why are there so many stairs? Maybe I can levitate myself up the stairs. But what's the fun in that?

She continued climbing and finally reached the top of the Astronomy tower. She looked around and sat down with her back against the wall. It had barely been 5 minutes when she heard a voice.

"Juli? What are you doing here? It is way past curfew." She looked up and saw Sirius panting and looking at her in bewilderment.

"Reading poetry to the moon." She told him dreamily. "Why are you here?"

"I couldn't sleep. Came here to think."

"This is where I come to think, too."

"Huh. I suppose that's okay. I will just leave then. You came here first anyway." He replied, fidgeting with the end of his sweater.

"You don't have to." She said as Sirius was about to leave.

"Oh? Thanks." He sat down, too.

They sat in silence for what felt like hours. Juli finally broke the silence. "What is keeping you up tonight?"

"We are going home for Christmas tomorrow. I am happy that Regulas won't face a problem but well, you know how they are towards me..." He sounded scared.

"Then come on home with us, Sirius. You know you always can." She moved closer to him.

"I can't leave Reg alone." He sighed.

"I understand that. But come and visit us, okay?"

"I'll try." He gave her a grateful look. "For the record, I am sorry for what happened with you and Peter. It was wrong of him to act on impulse."

"I suppose it is alright now. Thank you."

They fell in comfortable silence for a few more minutes.

"Can I ask you something?" Juli said, looking at Sirius, to which, he only nodded.

"Why aren't you bothered that your brother is in Slytherin? You loathe that house. I mean, the Hat is never wrong."

"Didn't you see, Juli?" He was now looking at her.

"What?"

Giving her a genuine smile, he closed his eyes and leaned his head on the wall, "The Hat hesitated."

"Oh." Juli was now smiling, too. She put her head on Sirius' shoulder and looking at the stars, she sighed. "It did."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: Stars are beautiful and I had to include this... no matter how cliché.

Please vote ad let me know what you think.

Thank you! <3