80.

Sirius' POV

Sirius' POV

Sirius paced around anxiously in Juli's room while James sat on the bed, face in his hands.

"She should have been back by now." He said. "It's been hours!"

"She'll be okay, Siri." Lily said, trying to assure herself more than anyone else. "I can't find her wand, so at least she has it with her."

Her words gave little hope to either of the boys and they spent the time in silence, trying not to think about the worst. Sirius kept twisting the engagement ring on his finger, muttering to himself all the places she could have been.

"Maybe she was meeting that git Mulciber today?" James suggested hopefully.

Sirius walked to her desk and took out a parchment from the drawer. It was the reply from Mulciber. He read it and shook his head, his eyes losing the little hope he had left. "They are not meeting until the day after."

Euphemia and Fleamont had left an hour ago to look for her. Everyone was tensed, not knowing where to even begin looking.

Sirius had noticed the difference in behaviour since one month into the summer break. Everytime they went out without her, he could feel her sadness. After she had left her dinner incomplete that night, he had vowed to take her out. Once with him and once with everyone else.

He tried his best to not think of the worst that could happen to her, but he didn't know how long he had to wait until he completed his vow.

He didn't want to think that. He wanted to be with Remus but knowing his stubborness, he was forced to stay home.

At least Peter would be with him to keep him company.

"I wanted to show her my flat." Sirius mumbled.

"Huh?" James asked.

"My flat. We hadn't spent a lot of time together lately and I thought this would be a nice way to do it. She hadn't seen it anyway."

Lily sighed sadly and sat down beside him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"What is the matter with you?" James exclaimed suddenly. "Both of you! Why are you talking like this? She will be back here in no time. Mum and dad are looking for her and will find her. She's just lost."

Sirius looked wide eyed at him.

"So please," he said, voice breaking. "Stop talking about my sister like she won't be back and we won't see her soon!"

Juli's POV

Her wand tip was lit up as she tried to find a clearing in the forest. The pain was searing through her entire body now and she felt exhausted. She crawled on the floor on her stomach and dragged herself around, crying silently due to the pain.

She cursed herself for running this way and relying entirely on muscle memory.

Every once in a while, she would hear the bushes rumble and stop entirely, not breathing. She didn't know the  creatures who lived in the forest. She had to be cautious.

She had lost all track of time and felt dizzy due to the blood loss. The only thing keeping her grounded was Sirius' smell which was now mixed with the smell of her blood. Her heart would give a lurch and she cried harder whenever she caught his smell.

She heard a howl. A loud, clear, echo of a howl. Like the ones she heard from Remus. She looked ahead and saw her way illuminated by the full moon.

Her mind was filled with fear as she crawled faster, not sure which direction to go in. She felt tired and her eyes fought to close after a few moments.

She couldn't pass out. Not when she was in such immediate danger. She continued to move forward despite the pain.

She heaved a sigh of relief when she saw a small clearing but realized that with a werewolf around, a clearing was not a good idea.

Her brain was too exhausted now to think anymore. She still held her wand in front of her, ready for anything that might come.

She reached a tree and sat down against it, deciding to rest for just one minute before leaving that place. She didn't know if she was leaving the woods or going deeper into them. Her pain was too much to bare.

Her thoughts drifted off to everyone at home. They all must be worried sick only because Ms. Potter had developed anger issues. She hated herself for it.

"Aguamenti," she muttered and water shot out of her wand. Greatful for magic, she drank some of it and then tried to direct some towards her clothes and face, wincing when it touched her wound. She got her wand light to go off and held it tightly, leaning her head against the tree.

After a few seconds, she heard the leaves rumble and tried to move away out of fear but a sharp pain went through her body.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. It felt peaceful that way. She could move soon. A few seconds of sleep wouldn't hurt. She was so tired. The pain was killing her. So despite knowing better, she allowed her eyes to close as her grip on her wand loosened.