85.

Remus' POV

Remus' POV

Remus and Lily had to drag James and Sirius back to the castle, quite literally. They waited in the Headmaster's office, full of nervous energy.

Peter stood timidly in the corner while Remus stared out the window, wanting to jump out of the tower. He remembered the look on her face, the way her scream had reached him and the way she cried out due to pain.

If there was one person he hated more than Greyback, it was Mulciber. The way he had roughly handled Juli made Remus' blood boil. She was the nicest person he had ever met. Recently, they didn't get to talk much, but she made sure he felt included. She knew when to sympathize and when to give him space. She was like a sister to him and he cared for her.

But Dumbledore was making it difficult to rescue her. James' parents had been informed and were already in the castle. Along with their help, McGonagall was trying to contact the Headmaster. No one knew how long it would take.

Remus' train of thought was broken when he heard a loud crunch and he turned around to see James' knuckles on the wall, blood already oozing out.

"James!" Lily yelped.

He then put his head back and slumped down, sighing dejectedly.

Lily made her way up to him and put her arms around him. "We'll find her." She said and gently kissed his temple.

"Well, that's new." Sirius mumbled, but at that point, no one could care less, including Lily and James themselves.

"We better," James said, burying his face into Lily's shoulder. "She is my sister."

"And Regulus is Sirius' brother!" Remus said suddenly, alarming everyone.

"It is not a thing to celebrate. What is the matter with you?" Sirius asked with irritation.

"He must know something. We can ask him!"

Sirius and James locked eyes and agreed with a small nod.

"We will go and ask him. You can inform McGonagall and my parents." James said.

They nodded at each other and went to find them, running as fast as their legs could carry them.

Remus, Lily and Peter reached McGonagall's office and knocked rapidly. She opened the door and let them in.

Fleamont was pacing around and Euphemia looked like she was trying not to cry. The children had not been able to give them a graphic description but they knew it was bad.

"What is it, Mr. Lupin?" Minerva asked.

"Regulus - he - he - Voldemort - must know something." He said, panting .

"What he is trying to say," Lily intervened. "is that Regulus keeps the company of those who could know something. James and Sirius went to ask him."

"Putting those 3 boys in front of each other is not a good idea!" McGonagall said, rushing out the door towards the Slytherin common room. She was followed by Remus and Lily as the Potters were asked to stay behind.

The scene was exactly what they had expected. Avery, Regulus, James and Sirius, all with wands drawn.

"Stop this right now!" McGonagall said. "Mr. Black, Mr. Avery, I expect you know where Ms. Potter is."

"How does it matter?" Avery asked. "They don't care about her. They don't even talk anymore!"

"She is my student and hence, my responsibility! Please tell us whatever you know!"

"As I told them," Regulus said, stepping forward and lowering his wand. "I don't know what you are talking about and even if I did, I wouldn't tell you."

His cold, grey eyes met Sirius' desperate, grey ones but he ignored them and walked away, with Avery just behind.

"Where is the headmaster?" Lily asked.

"That's the issue," Minerva sighed. "These are his strict orders. I can't tell you."

Juli's POV

She was back in her room at home, sitting on the bed with Sirius' head on her lap. It was the last week before school. She wanted to spend as much time as she could with him.

Privacy was a little difficult but no one was ready to let her take a single step out of the house. So they spent time at home, with Peter and Remus occassionally dropping by.

"I cannot believe you got me roses," she laughed, admiring a red rose in her hand.

Beside her lay a bouquet of yellow, black, red and pink roses.

"It's romantic, isn't it?" Sirius smirked.

"If I say yes, will it inflate your ego even more?"

"Hmm.... probably yes."

"Then, no. It is not romantic." She chuckled and kissed his head.

She then plucked out a petal.

"Hey!" Sirius protested.

"He loves me," she smirked. "He loves me not." She said glumly as she plucked another petal.

He was now sitting up, hands in his palm, watching amusingly.

"He loves me.... oh, he loves me not..."

This went on for a while as she deliberately dragged it for long.

"Oh... he loves me not," she said, plucking out the last petal and pouting dramatically.

"Well," Sirius sighed. "This wrong." He said, and kissed her deeply, "because he does love you quite a lot."

Juli melted into the kiss, putting her arms around her neck but suddenly, she felt the whole room shaking.

Her eyes opened and she felt her hair being tugged on painfully by someone. She looked up and saw Mulciber looking at her angrily.

"You had been sleeping for quite a while, Juliette."

She heard that voice. That cold, emotionless voice. Mulicber tugged at her hair again and made her look at him.

His red, slit eyes observing her intently. "Welcome back, Ms. Potter."