81.

James' POV

James' POV

James didn't sleep that night. Neither did Sirius. The boys had convinced Lily to sleep. Forced her, more like.

She had succumbed but only because someone needed to think rationally the next day. Her sleep was more like an afternoon nap, lasting only for an hour and a half.

When Mr. and Mrs. Potter had returned home at 5 am, tired and eyes red, they had no option but to contact Dumbledore.

Euphemia had made everyone coffee while they waited. At around 7 in the morning, a knock was heard and she opened the door to Dumbledore.

Lily had to restrain James and Sirius from jumping at him.

"This is all your fault!" Sirius shouted. "If you hadn't given her this mission, she would have been home by now!"

"Sirius." Mr. Potter said. "We do not know if this has anything to do with the mission. You cannot talk to your headmaster that way."

"He is not out Headmaster. We are not at Hogwarts, are we?" James said, an eerie coolness in his voice but blood boiling.

James, as mishevious as he was, respected authority. But when it came to his sister, he didn't have a care in the world.

"I am sure she will be alright." Dumbledore said. "We'll find her."

James saw his father's jaw twitch but he didn't say anything. Instead, he just scoffed and gave a look which said you better. He then marched back to his room, slamming the door shut behind him.

He plopped down on the bed, frustrated, tired and sleepless. He had just laid down on the bed when the door gently opened.

He sat up again and saw Lily at the door, smiling softly. "May I?" She asked.

He nodded and she sat beside him, laying her head on his shoulders. "She'll be okay, James. I know it. You need to believe it, too."

"It's just," he sighed, thinking for a moment. "She took this mission and now she is missing. I can't help but think if those people are behind it..."

"Maybe they are. Maybe they are not."

"You are not helping." James shook his head.

"I am not here to help." She shrugged, looking up at him.

He chuckled softly and turned to look at her, his brown eyes meeting her green ones.