48.

James fell back and groaned loudly. "Why does he keep showing up? It is annoying. I thought we were done with him."

Juli looked at her brother and felt bad. He had already fretted over Mulciber a lot. Not anymore. "He was just spewing nonsense James. Nothing to think about."

James nodded, not willing to get back up.

She turned towards her side and buried her face in Sirius' chest, exhaling loudly. He put his cheek on her head and smiled in contentment.

"Sirius?" She whispered. "After that night, I am still scared of him."

Sirius pulled her in closer and placed a kiss on her temple. "I won't let anything happen to you, I promise."

She inhaled in his familiar scent of leather and some cigarettes and drifted off to sleep in his arms. After spending the night in Hospital Wing, it wasn't too difficult. He made her feel safe, just as much as James, if not more.

* * * * *

Juli woke up the next morning on the couch in front of the fire with her hand intertwined with a sleeping Sirius, who was slouched against the couch.

She sighed in contentment, a smile playing on her lips as she slowly got up and pulled up a duvet till his chest. She slid down beside him and kissed him on the cheek. Not wanting to leave his side, she rested her cheek on his shoulder, waiting for him to wake up.

"A little more sleep wouldn't hurt you." She heard him whisper as he shifted uncomfortably on the hard floor, wrapping his arms around her.

Sirius was hit with across his face with something when he startingly woke up. He removed his arms from Juli and his hair from his face.

"Wasgoinon... Prongs! What do you want?" He exclaimed when he saw James standing in front of them with a pillow.

"You were way too close to her, mate. Way too much!" James pointed at Juli, who was now sleeping with her head on the couch, oblivious to the argument around her. "Now get up. You're hogging the best seats!"

Juli whined at the lack of Sirius' warmth when James shook her, waking her up.

"5 more minutes." She grumbled.

"It's 9, Jules. You already missed breakfast. Sunday doesn't mean you get to sleep all day."

"Shut up."

Sirius watching the argument between the two amusingly.

Remus entered the common room and saw the scene unfold. "I got this." He whispered. He casually sat down beside James. "You were supposed to do McGonagall's essay with Lily at 9. It's 11." He smirked.

"I am dead." No one had seen Juli wake up so fast as she threw the duvet off of her and sprinted up the stairs, almost slipping down at each step.

The boys burst into laughter, clutching their stomachs.

James, all of a sudden, turned stern and faced Sirius, giving him a look.

"I know, James." Sirius said, before James could. "I won't hurt her. Not now. Not ever. And you know it."

"You better not, Pads." James said, smiling. He finally felt at ease. With Mulciber gone and his sister happy, he didn't want anything else.

He was now also friends with Lily, like, honest to God friends. She was finally able to stand him and called him James instead of Potter. He wouldn't do anything to screw that up. Maybe he should try moving on...

"What are those scars, Remus?"

James snapped out of his thoughts when he heard someone ask politely. He looked up to see Allison Adamson, a 5th year, standing over them. Remus was frozen as Sirius' mind raced.

"He tried to pet McGonagall!" James blurted out without thinking.

"He what?" Allison said, cracking up with laughter. Her face turning red and long black her falling into her eyes. "Oh, Merlin. You're a prefect, Lupin. How could you?" She was now laughing even harder, not with disrespect, but with genuine amusement.

The boys joined in, too and now everyone in the common room was glaring at them for disrupting their peace.

"You look beautiful." James jabbered.

"What?" Allison asked, not having heard properly what he had said.

Remus and Sirius were looking at him in stunned silence.

"I erm, I - you were laughing and looked beatiful." He said, blushing.

"Oh, um, thanks, I suppose." She replied, tucking her hair behind her ear and cheeks going red once again.

They all looked at each other confused, not knowing what to say. Thankfully, Juli and Lily chose that moment to enter.

"I will see you around, then." Allison said, smiling at the boys and waving at the girls before walking away.

"Hi boys." Lily said.

Juli walked towards Remus and hit him on the head with her book. "11 am, huh?"

"Well, it was either that or James throwing you into the Black Lake." He winked.

"Whatever." She replied, sitting down beside Sirius but he had other plans as he pulled her onto his lap, making her giggle.

"Can you not do that in front of us?" James scowled.

"Just because you don't have a girlfriend, Prongs, doesn't mean you can stop me from showing affection to mine." Sirius smirked, kissing Juli.

"Well, first off, that's gross. And second, um, about that girlfriend thing." His eyes darted towards Lily.

Her head snapped up at his words and was looking at him curiously. Butterflies rose in her stomach for inexplicable reasons.

"I have decided to step into the game." He said.

"Game, eh?" Juli teased. "What do you mean? Finally going to ask someone out?"

"Yeah, I think." He replied.

Lily's heart began racing as she locked eyes with Sirius, who raised her eyebrows suggestively.

James looked at Lily and cleared his throat. "For next Hogsmeade trip, I will ask out Allison."