99.

James' POV

James' POV

He was back home after the funeral. It had been emotionally exhausting. Juli was a part of him and he had never imagined a day without her. He never wanted to.

Despite all their fights, James and Juli were always together, having each other backs all the time. With shaky hands, he unrolled the parchment and forced himself to read it. He could see blots of ink where her tears must have fell.

"Jamie,
I hope you don't expect me to know what to say. Would you know if you were in my place? I just... I wanted you to know that there is not a thing I wouldn't have done for you."

"You could have stayed", he cried.

"There is really no easy way to do this but you are the best brother one could ever have and I am grateful for you. I am so happy for you and Lily. After years of pining, you got her! Now take care of her and give the world a Quidditch prodigy! I am so sorry I couldn't hug you one last time. But I will be always here, looking over you and occasionally haunting you.
I love you, Jamie, you are and will be my favorite person.

Love, 
Jules."

It was when he read the letter he understood that he would never see her again. He remembered all the times they had fought, cried and laughed together. They had grown up together, pranked people together and served detentions together. The thought of never seeing her again was unbearable.

He didn't know how he would do it, but he would do whatever he could to rid the world of Voldemort.

He would never let his sister down.

Sirius' POV

Sirius had never felt pain this deep

Sirius had never felt pain this deep. It felt like the world had stopped. He knew his world had. It felt like all the sunshine was gone and all that was left was eternal, endless darkness.

It was impossible to not think of his daughter and the family they could have been. Going for picnics on Sundays and hanging out with friends on weekends. She would have been just like her mother. Nothing but sweet. They would give her everything. She would get the love Sirius never did. She would be loved and cared for.

But Sirius hated Juliette. Hated her for abandoning him like this. As if the loss of Starla was not enough, now she had to go, too and fight Mulciber on her own. His name was enough to make his blood boil. He would get his revenge.

He was sitting in the nursery when he saw his letter in the crib. With a deep breath, he opened it and a photograph fell out. It was the 3 of them in the Hospital Wing, happy in each other's arms. He stared at it for a while and then began to read.

"Star,

Honestly, I was saving this one for the last. There is so much I want to say, so much I want to tell you but there is not enough time. We didn't have enough time.
But the time we did have was perfect. If you're reading this, then I am sorry. I never wanted to be without you or leave you, but he did us wrong, Sirius. We can't let him get away with it.
In the end, when there is quiet and peace, just tell me you'll remember me. Me and her. And what we had. What we were.
For now, I want you to remember that you were my star. My Sirius. The one which brightened up my darkest nights and showed me the way. There is no one I have loved more and I never want to.
You, my love, are everything to me and I love you more than I will ever be able to put in words. You need to move on, sweetheart. Because there is so much out there waiting for you.

I love you... I love you... I love you...
Juliette."

He glanced at the photograph and his knees gave up. He fell to the floor, crying out. The loss of his daughter, his love, all at once. He didn't know how he would cope.

He just wanted to drag her back and tell her how much he loved her. How he would never forget her or Starla. If there was more out there, he didn't want it. He didn't want to be in a world without Juliette. But that is not what she wanted.

She wanted him to move ahead and he did.

But from then, Sirius Black always carried a piece of Juliette Potter with him wherever he went.