52.

James glanced sideways at Juli who had fallen asleep on his shoulder after not sleeping the previous night

James glanced sideways at Juli who had fallen asleep on his shoulder after not sleeping the previous night. Her words kept replaying in his mind Then I don't want to be friends. He knew it had something to do with him and that everyone but him knew about it.

Lily and Juli were best friends ever since the first year but now they were in a big row and he blamed himself even though ge had no idea of what was going on. It was not like she was on great terms with everyone else and had other problems already as it was. Now there was the possibility of Sirius being mad at her, too but not for long, James hoped.

His thoughts were interrupted when the door opened and a large, black dog came in. He jumped on her bed and settled himself in front of the siblings, looking at them curiously.

"Hey Padfoot." James smiled and Padfoot wagged his tail in response.

Juli stirred a bit and open her eyes. Her lips instantly twitching into a smile the moment she saw the dog. "I thought I felt you." She murmured and leaned forwards towards him, burying her face in his fur and drifting off to sleep again.

James smiled softly to himself when he realized that both had forgiven each other and were back to being their cheesy, relationship-y, gross selves.

Juli woke up just before dinner and found herself in Sirius' arms with blankets on and the curtains around her bed drawn. She moved away and propped herself up on her elbows, gazing at Sirius with eyes full of love. She noticed how his hair just reached below his neck and looked beautiful even though it was not properly trimmed and how his jawline and cheekbones were sharper than knives. Her favourite part was his lips which seemed to fit so perfectly on hers and before she could stop herself, she pressed her lips lightly onto his.

"Juliette how am I supposed to sleep if you keep staring at me and do that?" He said sleepily and pulled her back into him.

She giggled and wrapped her arms around him. "We should probably go. I don't even know what time it is."

Sirius groaned and peeked his head out of curtain. "It's dinner. Dorm's empty and everyone seems to be in the Great Hall."

Juli sat up and pulling at Sirius' hand, made him sit up as well. "Let's go. I am hungry. I need to apologise to Remus and Peter."

She got down from the bed and began untangling her hair.

"Hey what happened to apologising to me?" He asked, getting down after her.

"Eh." She replied with a straight face.

Sirius simply shook her head and grabbed the chocolate bars.

"Hey Sirius?" She said, once she was done braiding her long hair.

He looked at her, waiting for her to say something.

She made her way to him and putting a hand on his cheek, kissed him again. "I am sorry for yelling at you."

"I am sorry for not listening to you." He smiled and with her hand in his, they made their way to dinner, laughing gleefully when the stairs turned into slides, making both of them slip.

Peter and Remus sat eating the chocolate given by Juli, ignoring the pudding all around them while Sirius sat with Juli, an arm around her waist.

"You slept through lunch and missed 2 classes. I don't think you two have any more sleep left in you." Alice said. "What will you do all night?"

"Oh I am sure Black here has some plans with his girlfriend." Marlene raised her brows suggestively.

James choked on his pudding and pushed Sirius down. "No, no. Black bloody well does not." He shouted.

"What'd you hit me for? I didn't even say anything. Marlene did!" Sirius said, getting up and hitting James back.

James narrowed his eyes and hit him back on the arm and before anyone knew, the boys were in a full blown playful - hitting war.

"Boys!" They heard McGonagall shriek. "This is ridiculous! 10 points from Gryffindor for misbehaviour."

"But Professor, we are in your house." Sirius said. "How could you?" He gasped dramatically.

Not bothering to dignifying that with a response, she walked away leaving everyone in a fit of giggles.

Allison, who was sitting with her friends caught James' eye and chuckled at his antics.

Once they had calmed themselves again, Sirius and James sat down on either side of Juli and concentrated on their pudding.

"There is an apology you haven't made, yet." Sirius whispered.

"He's right." James nodded. "This can't go on any longer."

She nodded and grimly and went to meet Lily, who was with Alice.

"Um, do you mind?" She asked.

Lily shook her head and moved to the side to make space for Juli.

She gratefully sat down and began, "Lils, I am so sorry for being harsh."

Lily smiled and nodded. "I am sorry, too."

Sensing that there was still a lot of tension between them, Juli got up and made her way back to the boys.

"You know what I realized, James?" She said.

"What?" James said, as he and Sirius got up to go back.

"I had a fight with my best friend and things are still not normal. It caused troubles between me and Sirius, too."

"Yes, Jules, I know."

"Would you have done it for me, too?"

James stopped in his track. "I - erm, Jules, I don't know what you're thinking but I really would. You're my favourite person, remember?"

Juli's grave expression didn't falter. "But um..."

James and Sirius looked at each other in confusion.

"I am not talking about Allison." She said. "I am asking if you would have done the same for me if it risked your relationship with Sirius and Lily."