8.

Her sentence was left incomplete as Peter crashed his lip onto hers.

oh my god this is happening

Peter finally broke the kiss and looked her into the eyes. They could hear Sirius wolf-whistle as Marlene and Lily squealed.

"Finally!" James rolled his eyes.

"I - uh... I should probably go." Peter murmured. "See you around."

Juli nodded as he made his way towards his dorm.

Remus patted her back and smirked.

"Oh shut it you all." she ran upstairs to her dorm, blushing.

Everyone broke into happy giggles seeing both of them run off like that.

"I think there is something wrong." Sirius whispered to James.

"What do you mean 'wrong'?" James asked motioning for Remus to come over.

"Can you please go and check on Juli? Something is going on." Remus told Lily before going to the other 2 boys.

"What happened?" He questioned.

"This was unexpected."

"Juli has been crushing on him for as long as we can remember. What can possibly go wrong?" James now looked sad.

"Well," Sirius said, trying to find the right words, "We have never heard Peter talk about her or react to her name the way she does to his. It was all very sudden."

Remus looked in deep thought. "I don't think so, Sirius. I hope that is not the case. You are thinking this because Peter has always been shy." Sirius was not convinced. He continued, "If that is the case, then so be it. It is between them and we won't interfere."

James' muscles had now stiffened. "What if - What if he hurts my sister? He did leave all of a sudden."

"He will not do that. At least not intentionally." Remus comforted.

"Even if he does, she'll still have us and Lily. Lily will rain fire upon him if he hurts her best friend." Sirius winked at James.

Remus saw Lily staring at them and gave her a small nod. She went back upstairs to find Juli siting on the edge of her bad.

"So?" Lily asked her

"So what?"

"You know what."

"I feel happy, Lils. He makes my heart flutter and gets me all excited. And it finally happened." Juli was now grinning. "It feels like a dream. So surreal."

"I am so happy for you. You have waited long enough." She smiled at her.

"Congratulations Juliette!" Dorcas said, entering the dorm.

"Yeah, about time." Marlene too, busted through the door, followed by a giggling Alice.

"Thank you girls." Juli laughed.

"Although," Marlene's face was now serious. "You know that you will need to talk to him about this, right?"

"Yeah yeah, I know. I will do it tomorrow after breakfast."

"And if he does anything to hurt you, we will hex him into oblivion."

"Sure you will." she chuckled at her friend's words.

* * * * *

"Hey Juli" James greeted her as they met at in the common room before heading to breakfast.